Motorcyclist hits SUV, suffers serious injuries - Tampa

rusheriv

Registered
Say a prayer for this knucklehead, family and friends. I don't know the guy, but he was apparently speeding during morning rush hour on a heavily traveled road where there's always cages making short stops and U-turns.

Crash causes backups on Waters Ave.
Motorcyclist hits SUV, suffers serious injuries
Updated: Tuesday, 04 May 2010, 10:18 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 May 2010, 8:06 AM EDT

TAMPA - All lanes are back open on Waters Avenue after a serious crash at Sunstate Street shut down the road and backed up traffic, Hillsborough deputies say.

Witnesses told deputies that Christopher Witschi, 24, was traveling at a high rate of speed on his motorcycle when he struck the back of a Honda CR-V that was making a U-turn at Sunstate Street around 6:30 a.m.

Witschi was ejected from the motorcycle and suffered serious injuries, according to deputies. He was airlifted to St. Joseph's Hospital and is listed in critical but guarded condition.

Deputies say Witschi was wearing a helmet.

Waters Avenue was shut down in both directions while the Bayflight helicopter arrived and departed the scene.

The driver of the Honda, 35-year-old Samuel Markarius, was not injured in the crash, and the Sheriff's office says the investigation is ongoing.

Intersection.jpg

Intersection.jpg

Prayer said, if he was familiar with the road he should have known better and been anticipating somebody doing something stupid. Hope he comes out OK.

24 and speeding on street you depict ?
Hits back of car ?
Sorry call me cold and careless but I'm glad driver of car was not hurt !
He is a Knucklehead and it caught up to him.
If he lives maybe he will slow down.
Sorry just me, I have no pity for him, none.

All others who have been down recently, Ranger, ChattanoogaBusa and others all my grace and prayers but this guy sorry none from me.

Yes I'm a cold bastid.
I have a wife and kids that does U turns all the time and fear for them more than a 24yr old out flying around where he should not be.

Back