History Lesson

I guess if the "it" came back for a visit and stood in front of me I would believe it.  I never said that I do not believe in a creator I just do not subscribe to the thoughts that it would be "bothered" by still dealing with us.  It created everything it must have more important crap to do.
If you created something, say children for instance, I doubt you would just father them then let them fend for themselves (although many these days do that). I know I wouldn't, I love to interact with my kids and be a part of their lives.

Kev

Everytime I'm about to jump in Kevin, you say what I am thinking. Doin a great job with this thread, keep it up.

That is true, but when I paint a painting I do not worry about it. Maybe we are like a painting and the creator believes that we can take care of ourselves (I know painting do not "live". I just have faith in the fact that something capable of creating all of this has other things to do (or in a wierd way maybe we are all just part of that being.) Maybe we are just part of a larger being. I just think that we are so egotistical to think that something all powerful would worry about our day to activities.

I love being with me kids, also.

Keeping up with this topic -- Is it I that creates the child or is it "god"?

I say it was me and my 2nd 2 wives that created my two kids.

That is true, but when I paint a painting I do not worry about it.  Maybe we are like a painting and the creator believes that we can take care of ourselves (I know painting do not "live".  I just have faith in the fact that something capable of creating all of this has other things to do (or in a wierd way maybe we are all just part of that being.)  Maybe we are just part of a larger being.  I just think that we are so egotistical to think that something all powerful would worry about our day to activities.

I love being with me kids, also.
Would your children be egotistical to expect that their father would be interested in their lives.

It is sad that so many are scarred by less than perfect upbringings, especially when it causes them to not give God a fair chance. From the way you sound, I think you would be willing to give him a chance to prove himself, if you hadn't had the experiences you had growing up in the Catholic Church.

It seems that you are giving every notion a chance, except the one spelled out in the Bible.

Kevin

No my kids would not be egotistical to think that. But they do not have faith in the fact that I created everything. That is the egotistical part.

I actually like studying religions rather than participating in one. I am currently looking at the hindu religion (the hindi get a bad rap). Not a highly respected set of beliefs -- the rest of the world is not into that polytheistic stuff.

No my kids would not be egotistical to think that.  But they do not have faith in the fact that I created everything.  That is the egotistical part.

I actually like studying religions rather than participating in one.  I am currently looking at the hindu religion (the hindi get a bad rap).  Not a highly respected set of beliefs -- the rest of the world is not into that polytheistic stuff.
I'm haven't been pushing any religion or believe at all on this thread. I'm just giving a point of view that is often put down because of the way some religious groups have turned people away, and because of the way some people hear what they want to think and go with it rather than actually investigate and give God a chance.

Kev

Back