I knew it was something like this... "Liberals are Mentally Ill" Seriously...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Check this out... World Net Daily

Liberalism equals mental disorder
WorldNetDaily Exclusive
Liberals clinically mad, concludes top shrink
Eminent psychiatrist makes case that leftist thinking is a mental disorder
Posted: November 12, 2008
6:flamethrowing: pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

* creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
* satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
* augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

Explains so so much...

Rev, you made my fricken night...bless you man!:thumbsup::beerchug::bowdown::bowdown:

This DOES explain SOOOOOOO much. I would give my eye-teeth to shake this Dr.'s hand!:bowdown:

Well, then Obama isn't the first mentally ill President. Bush has the Hilter Syndrome (Yes, all of them).

Well, then Obama isn't the first mentally ill President. Bush has the Hilter Syndrome (Yes, all of them).

I'm pretty sure that ANYONE who actively seeks the presidency is clinically insane and not qualified to hold the position...

You're always going to have megalomaniacs, and the truly twisted in office. Cause they are the only ones dumb enough, or power hungry enough to run for it.

Though I am still hoping that Obama proves to be true to his word and at least manages to return some dignity and respect to he office. We've had enough of the corruption, and "talking to angles" in the white house...

I'm pretty sure that ANYONE who actively seeks the presidency is clinically insane and not qualified to hold the position...

You're always going to have megalomaniacs, and the truly twisted in office. Cause they are the only ones dumb enough, or power hungry enough to run for it.

Though I am still hoping that Obama proves to be true to his word and at least manages to return some dignity and respect to he office. We've had enough of the corruption, and "talking to angles" in the white house...

I've said it before, you don't make it there without being corrupt IMO

Obama proves to be true to his word

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HEHEHEHEHHEH HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

[cough cough]
HAHAHHAHHHAHAHHA BAHAHAHHAHAHHA HOHOHOHOHOHOH HEHEHEHEHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

sorry.. oh wait! ...one more....

BAAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOHOHOHOHOHOHO HEHEHEHEHEEHEHEH AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH

ow my sides hurt now. we all know POLITICIAN and TRUE TO WORDS is an oxymoron

Let me throw this at you.

Infant mortality rate is the number of infants that die before reaching one year old. Korea, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, and maybe Finland and Spain all have much lower imr that we do. It is not the infants fault that it is brought into this world with poor or uninsured parent. With the same parents the infants have a higher chance of surviving in many other countries around the world.

Is this acceptable?

You know a number of talk radio hosts have called liberalism a mental disorder for a long time... guess they are getting some agreement now...

Great story and I think I can take my thorazine with clear conscious now.. :rofl:

Typically conseratives can't have an original thought they just have to come back with: "i know you are but what am I?" :rofl: You see a report discussing the same topic was published in back in 2003.

Now this is a lot to read and there are some big words but don't be afraid my conservative friend. :laugh:

You can really just read the last paragraph because it really says it all

It is highly amusing now to watch conservatives fall all over themselves to tout Dr. Rossiter unscientific and undocumented political scree simply because it gives them comfort in the face of their impending humiliation at the polls come November.

If you want to read the whold thing be my guest:

Several years after a Federally funded study found that conservatism was a mental disorder a Right Wing psychiatrist has released a book, timed for the election cycle, claiming the same things about Liberals. Are we to believe that this is a coincidence?

Little known shrink and political hack Dr. Lyle Rossiter has released a new book entitled "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness" that is designed to feed the red meat hunger of Right Wing ideologues at a time when the Conservative movement is on the ropes after seven years of incompetence and corruption under George W. Bush.

Most of its claims are not so subtle reversals of the conclusions reached by four distinguished scholars that were funded by the US Government in a study to discover the roots of conservatism.

The report "Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition" cost $1.2 million and was supervised by the National Foundation as well as the National Institutes of Health. It found that conservatism is essentially a set of neuroses rooted in "fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity".

In an article published in the highly respected peer reviewed scholarly journal "Psychological Bulletin" the authors state:
"This intolerance of ambiguity can lead people to cling to the familiar, to arrive at premature conclusions, and to impose simplistic cliches and stereotypes."
Among the sufferers of this heart-breaking malady the researchers studied President George W. Bush and found him to be a "textbook case" of the madness. Among the early warning signs that he exhibits is "his preference for moral certainty and frequently expressed dislike of nuance." The scientists believe that it was Bush's aversion to shades of gray and the need for "closure" that led him to ignore intelligence that contradicted his beliefs about Iraq's non existent WMD's.

At the time that this report came out conservatives were outraged and dismissed the whole thing as merely the opinion of the scientists involved. It is highly amusing now to watch conservatives fall all over themselves to tout Dr. Rossiter unscientific and undocumented political scree simply because it gives them comfort in the face of their impending humiliation at the polls come November.

Link to the study refered to in the article:

http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~hannahk/bulletin.pdf

Last edited:
Let me throw this at you.

Infant mortality rate is the number of infants that die before reaching one year old. Korea, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, and maybe Finland and Spain all have much lower imr that we do. It is not the infants fault that it is brought into this world with poor or uninsured parent. With the same parents the infants have a higher chance of surviving in many other countries around the world.

Is this acceptable?

Yes Absolutely... The alternative being what it is, then hell yeah it's acceptable... We're not an endangered species and we can get all romantic and weepy about it, but it's just not relevant.

Just check out the correlation between the high usage of infertility drugs and the high rates of illegal drug use in the U.S. if you need an explanation of the infant mortality rate in this country.

It's got little or nothing to do with the quality of a persons insurance... The state already looks after folks with little or no insurance for their spawn.

healthcare is very strong and doing better than ever. we have an insurance problem not a healthcare problem. if a patient doesnt have insurance the hospital, surgeon, and anesthesiologist if used all bite the bullet. this is a problem.

so i guess you are pro choice?

Your mistake is assuming that I'm a "conservative"... Sorry, not so much. Accept where we start looking at Nanny state horse crap and ludicrous notions of "fair".

I prefer to think for myself, though being in the US and subject to it's BS election system that's largely moot.

Democrats are idiots, fool hardy idealists wandering around feeling self important. Rethuglicans are small minded opportunists, to busy wrapping themselves in false veneers of Christianity and Patriotism to actually form a cohesive thought of their own. Or talking to angels :rofl:

Extremes one way or the other result in nothing but inbred thought and the repeated abuse of tired old rhetoric. It serves no purpose labeling yourself or claiming to be "Something". Somewhere around the middle, in this scary zone where common sense used to live, where parents took care of their children, and folks understood that you "earn" your keep, you're not entitled to anything. Pffft... Where a women's body was her problem, and Obesity wasn't a freaking "disease"... :thumbsup:

Your mistake is assuming that I'm a "conservative"... Sorry, not so much. Accept where we start looking at Nanny state horse crap and ludicrous notions of "fair".

I prefer to think for myself, though being in the US and subject to it's BS election system that's largely moot.

Democrats are idiots, fool hardy idealists wandering around feeling self important. Rethuglicans are small minded opportunists, to busy wrapping themselves in false veneers of Christianity and Patriotism to actually form a cohesive thought of their own. Or talking to angels :rofl:

Extremes one way or the other result in nothing but inbred thought and the repeated abuse of tired old rhetoric. It serves no purpose labeling yourself or claiming to be "Something". Somewhere around the middle, in this scary zone where common sense used to live, where parents took care of their children, and folks understood that you "earn" your keep, you're not entitled to anything. Pffft... Where a women's body was her problem, and Obesity wasn't a freaking "disease"... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :beerchug:

agreed. i choose not to label myself in any way politically. i do want the govt involved in my life as little as possible but i am not a libertarian. as far as people with extreme political ideas yea sometimes they bother me but for the most part they seem to balance each other out. i read both sides just 2 c what everyone is thinking
But i do think that is terrible that babies die here more than other countries when we have the most advanced healthcare in the world but it is what it is i guess

Careful...if it qualifies as an ILLNESS, next thing you know they will be wanting BENEFITS...

Back