High gas prices,glad for my Gen 1

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
wow, with fuel prices skyrocketing, I AM glad I bought a Gen 1. I was kinda hoping to buy a white
gen 2, but the one thing that was holding me back was the fact it only takes premium fuel.

riding anywhere between 35,000 to 40,000 k in a season like I do sure adds up to a chunk o' change at the end of the season when it comes to the difference in price between the two.

yes, its true I put reg in my tank, horrors!!!! Oh the inhumanity !!

facepalm.jpg

My car takes premium, that'll be fun this summer :banghead:

Those 06 LE's sure are pretty too.:whistle:

Yep I am pretty happy my car is a piece o ****e 91 honda civic that gets almost 600 k per tank, Oddly, though, even when the prices are high I still ride with a heavy throttle hand.

I generally don't go over 60 mph in my car, it;s not fuel efficient once you start going over a certain speed but cars aren't fun anyway....imo

( Hey, buddy I am coming to see you in March, details to follow):beerchug:

Yep I am pretty happy my car is a piece o ****e 91 honda civic that gets almost 600 k per tank, Oddly, though, even when the prices are high I still ride with a heavy throttle hand.

I generally don't go over 60 mph in my car, it;s not fuel efficient once you start going over a certain speed but cars aren't fun anyway....imo

( Hey, buddy I am coming to see you in March, details to follow):beerchug:

Ill be here, under the pile of stuff for ya:thumbsup:

I cannot put regualar in my baby! I can actually feel it slugging along. Gas here in the A for the top tier is $3.45. Whew! That is 5 gallons at $3.45. That's better than $3.15 for 26 gallons for my Yukon!!!!

Premium here is 3.75. Low grade is 3.46.

I'll be happy when warm weather returns. In the morning it's been 34* with a high of 53* around 3pm and immediately colder after that.

Next few days is rain. Tired of commuting in a cage.

What do you guys deem premium and low grade?

In my country we have two options. 93 and 95 unleaded. (93 lead replacement for older vehicles also available but I ignore that)

This is RON (MON+PON)/2.

I'm also at 1600ft altitude, so it would be fine to run 93 in my bike right? Gen I.

I use 93 octane.

Spend all that money on the bike, upgrades, gear, and then give it 87 octane??? , no thanks:whistle:

Premium is a waste of money on Gen1s :laugh: Mine ran better on 87. I used to only put premium in it just like you til i tried regular. Bike runs a lot better

Yeah if I recall the rule of thumb is to use the lowest octane gas that meets the engine's requirements (taking into account mods etc). Higher octane fuel burns slower and might have a negative effect on performance if the ECU isn't tuned for it.

(I have no experience on bike engines but from my car racing days this was how we did it. And I asume the basic principals will still apply to bikes)

I'm running 93 from now on. It's the lowest octane we get here and seems it's sufficient.

I pay £1.33 per litre for regular unleaded..that £6.05 per gallon or $9.77 at current exchange rates......needless to say I'm not happy that 70% of that is our greedy governments tax.....

Ahhh one of my fav subjects...47 mpg commuting about 50 miles a day on my 30 thousand mile 05...I chuckle to myself as I pass those 4500# suvs with 1 person in them throwing dollar bills out the window every few miles:laugh:

Well, a few days ago, I traded in my Subaru that got like 27mpg for a V-10 Ford F250 that gets 10mpg... :duh::pullhair::banghead::banghead:

Well, a few days ago, I traded in my Subaru that got like 27mpg for a V-10 Ford F250 that gets 10mpg... :duh::pullhair::banghead::banghead:

a guy i work with got a v10, i asked what he thought. he said you know i thought the 10 stood for cylinders, apparently it also stands for mpg. this thing gets 10 pulling a trailer or fully unloaded. :laugh:

if you ride 40k kilo a year(about 25k miles), and the difference is .30 cents, your talking about $300. and this is if you get a scant 25mpg. fwiw....

Fuel mileage has never been a consideration for my motorcycles. If it were a factor, the Busa wouldn't be in my garage right now. For a motorcycle, they tend to be pretty thirsty.

That's gonna leave a mark!

I'll be starting a 200 mile daily commute in a few months, so I had to get out of my Silverado 2500HD. The old 11/14 MPG was a real killer. I bought a new Yaris and have been getting 35/40 MPG. Of course it only has 1/4 the displacement of my truck. Gotta do what you gotta do...

Back