Hey III or anyone else . What spacer and where is it ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Can III or anyone else tell me where the spacer is that fell out from behind his front sprocket cover is ? https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...nt-sprocket-need-help-identifying-spacer.html
I took mine off but nothing came out nor do I see where any spacer may still be stuck in place from gunk ?
Also what wires is he talking about making sure to get properly in place upon reinstallation as there are none I see ?
If someone can put a red line on one of my pics showing the spacer and or wires I would appreciate it . Got it off and intend on cleaning it tomorrow .
Don't want to mess anything up .
Thanks

e0f00fc7.jpg

713d7cdf.jpg

fb128152.jpg

Last edited:
Big E is correct. I had only found the one. Maybe I read it wrong, but the red arrow is where m_ridgeway (IIRC) told me that it went in that thread. It goes perfectly in that hole that he said. I'm thinking the 2nd one of mine must've stuck like yours...but I'm thinking I would have noticed it.

Looks like I'm gonna check it out later today. :banghead: I'm guessing some other people will chime in. I'm going to re-read the thread and look at my pics.

BTW...yours doesn't look too bad at all. D@mn manual for saying oil for the chain.

BBsprocket1.jpg

Maybe I read it wrong, but the red arrow is where m_ridgeway (IIRC) told me that it went in that thread.

Yep...I misinterpreted it. Makes perfect sense now. Yours will go right back where they are and I'll need to edit that post. :banghead::banghead:

Ok thats what I thought. I was thinking maybe you put it back in the wrong hole..(did you) ?
Thanks for answering. Once I get to cleaning I know things will loosen up and I didnt want to be stuck trying to figure out where it went.
What about 'wires' you refer to III ? Only ones I saw were ones on sensor I first removed from cover but these are not loose ?

BTW...yours doesn't look too bad at all.

There has to be at least 4 ounces of gunk in there.
When I'm done I'll have to go out and see how many MPH I picked up from the weight loss :)

Ok thats what I thought. I was thinking maybe you put it back in the wrong hole..(did you) ?
Thanks for answering. Once I get to cleaning I know things will loosen up and I didnt want to be stuck trying to figure out where it went.
What about 'wires' you refer to III ? Only ones I saw were ones on sensor I first removed from cover but these are not loose ?

The wrong f*&#'in hole....:rofl::rofl::rofl: I couldn't be a Suzuki tech either apparently.

Yeah, both the sensors (speed and kickstand). Looks like you've got 'em off to side...nothing major really, just put 'em back where they came from.

Just started thinking about taking that d@mn fairing off again. :banghead:

This was bothering me so bad, I went home and did it over lunch. The second spacer was sitting where Blanca's was still and the other was where my dumb @ss put it. Seems like it's all good now. Thanks BB.

III Thank you for the inspiration . This was the only place on my bike where I knew gunk lurked ! She's cleaner dan skeeters peter now !
Easily got 1/2 lb of stuff outta there .
So much faster :)
I accidentally pulled the clutch shaft out and got all worried.
Kept thinking it wasn't going in far enough but I put it back together and rode to the park and all is fine .
I used some hi-temp axle grease for the shaft .
Feels smoother . Not sure if it's my imagination due to cleanliness or reality ?
Either way she's clean and mean now .
Thanks again III .

This was bothering me so bad, I went home and did it over lunch. The second spacer was sitting where Blanca's was still and the other was where my dumb @ss put it. Seems like it's all good now. Thanks BB.

:rofl:
At least you lasted till lunch .
I would have called in sick or death in the family . Something .
Even would have told them it's a MotoEmergency .

Back