Is Anyone Using Yana Shiki Axle Caps On Their Gen II?

Roadkill

Registered
I've recently acquired a Yana Shiki dress up kit for my Gen II still in the original factory blister wrap. Everything seems as though it will be fine with one exception. I've searched the internet as well as this forum with no answer. Perhaps someone actually using them can tell me. On one front axle cap, the thread boss on the inside is a larger diameter and flush with the outside mounting of the cap. Seems like that would be for the hex side of the axle. The thread boss on the other axle cap is a smaller diameter, but it also flush with the outside mounting edge of the cap. What this means is that there's no room or recess for the axle bolt. The cap sits on top of it. It would appear that they want me to leave out the axle bolt to use the cap, because without it, it fits fine. As I think about it, it seems that all the bolt really does is hold tension against the spacers until the pinch bolts are tight, and the pinch bolts actually hold the axle in place. But the truth is, at 160 or so, the idea of not having the bolt up there kinda makes my butt slam shut a little.

Anyone else run into this? Thanks in advance.

Roadkill - I've got 'em, although now that I think about it,from Ball Z Motorsports. Something about your post doesn't sound right. I might have to go look at mine. They are different sizes on the inside, but that's just b/c they are left & right. Turned out to be one of my all time favorite mods. You just screw them on , a rubber washer provides some tension and done. Can't recall haven't to remove any bolts - that doesn't sound right.

Ones I've got are from Ransom Machine, sourced through PashnitBusa.com.

Dsc00054.jpg

Dsc00060.jpg

Dsc00126.jpg

DSC00240_axle_2.jpg

Dsc00242.jpg

Dsc05659_hayabusa_1080.jpg

Dsc00054.jpg

Dsc00060.jpg

Dsc00126.jpg

DSC00240_axle_2.jpg

Dsc00242.jpg

Dsc05659_hayabusa_1080.jpg