Does anyone know how to lower front, do 3/4" GenMar spacer, & Helibars all together?

Re: Does anyone know how to lower front, do 3/4" GenMar spacer, & Helibars all togeth

*Update*

so i ordered the Helibars, 3/4" GenMar riser, a new stock triple tree and still considering a +2 brake line for back up just in case. I trust you guys that the cables will reach but poking around my bike they sure seem like they might not. I hope they do :please: . I guess if they don't i'll have a nice stainless brake line that's more responsive. If the clutch doesn't reach i'll be hitchhiking home. lol ???

Thanks for the help!!! the install is Friday (assuming everything comes as expected on time)....

Re: Does anyone know how to lower front, do 3/4" GenMar spacer, & Helibars all togeth

Will do bro,if they're open today i may ride by there and check them out.:thumbsup:

If the throttle cables have a bracket attaching them to the right side of the frame in front of the tank, the bracket will have to be removed(been a few years since I've worked on a gen1). The cables wil be fine without it too.

hey man, let me know how it goes and then feels afterward... should be pretty cool (and curious how much they charge)...

If the throttle cables have a bracket attaching them to the right side of the frame in front of the tank, the bracket will have to be removed(been a few years since I've worked on a gen1). The cables wil be fine without it too.

Yeah i just went and saw that. ok good. There are 3 cables attached with that bracket... one goes over and goes into the bottom of the left grip area (doesn't look like the clutch cables... a small cable like the throttle and goes from the left, over, and down the side of the tank like the throttle cables. THAT one seems pretty darn tight and i don't know what it is. Man, i hope my shop guy can handle this. :please:

FYI i did order a +2 brake line from Galfer today.. SS and black. ....i might put that on just for the improved performance. ...may not... i'll see how the install goes. My bike only has one front brake line - one caliper. The prev owner took off the right caliper and rotor...for looks - chrome wheels. ...so 1 left brake line only.

Any more cable advice before Fri would be great - anything i can relay to this guy. He seemed very skeptical that all the cables would reach but i told him they would.

Do you remember having to reroute any cables between the triple tree and the tank (that little space)? ...instead of being in front of the triple tree toward the front of the bike like they are now?

Just saw this set up from Trac Dynamics,2" is a little more than i want to go(preferably 1")but possibly worth looking into.

TRACSTORE — Slammerz Fork Lowering Kit

that's pretty cool - sorry i went out of town for a few days... yeah i was 1 1/2 " or so and i was scraping bottom leaving my driveway... (front)... i like the slammed look but i also like to cruise into my garage and not have to think about the angles i creep into my driveway for 10 min... lol

still - saved it in my fav's folder... looks pretty cool!! thanks! :)

hey sixpack577,

my install is now Tuesday... so i might PM u monday for some last minute tips. Like i said - my shop guy seems nervous about the cables. The dealership doesn't... but i'm saving $50 by using this shop... and he's a good guy. thanks man

****UPDATE****

Ok - did the install - just got done 15 min ago. I had the shop do this but i 100% should have done it myself. I only had the shop do it because i went from a lowering triple tree to a stock triple tree and was worried my lowered bike would have to be raised a little. NOT the case.

So the shop owner (who apparently is a mechanic) did the job - not the mechanic i'm used to. But he did a good job. I have very thick, aftermarket reservoir covers and even they didn't hit my double bubble screen. The only thing that hits is the Pass Button when i go full right turn. I read that someone else had the same issue before.

The owner/mechanic was amazed the riser and helibars fit. No fairing or windscreen touching (other than the Pass button). I'll trim like 1/2 " (probably 1/2 the size of a quarter) in both sides to match - simple and i'll blend it in so it's not noticeable.

The clearance is seriously like 1mm... ANYTHING over 3/4" GenMar would totally hit. No new brake lines needed...or throttle.. but now to the 1 problem i have to deal with.

The only issue is the choke cable. When i go right...about the final 8 inches of turn.. it causes the engine to rev about 800 rpm. He tried to take the line out of the clamp on the side by the tank - didn't do anything. He tried to adjust it next to the choke with the nut and turning it - didn't work. So that's my one issue... I need a +2 choke cable and then i have to install it - which i've been told is a mess. My shop guy told me i'd have to leave it a full day. That's leading me to probably take it to another shop.

Does anyone have any opinions on the choke cable - where to get a +2 (to be safe) and how difficult it is to install if i tried?

So overall i'm very happy.. i consider this about the best outcome. I didn't need the brake line... i can do a teeny trim on the windshield instead of worrying about a new one...

The ride - seems nice. I don't know yet because it's freezing and windy here and i had on a huge backpack that was over my hoodie and making me kind of uncomfortable. It looks great... and i was concentrating more on seeing if the choke cable revved at any point. I'll go sit on it later tonight and maybe even take it out.

the choke cable is prob something most ppl can live with as is because i can't see making it rev up in everyday use... but it's annoying to me. Especially since i have to do like a 15 pt turn to get this bike in my garage every time... any advice would be cool... and thanks for all the help so far!!

Back