Here we go again

#1new guy

Registered
I'm 41yrs old firefighter and have been bitin' by the bug sorta, I have been wanting a bike for years and finally I'm seriously looking for one.
I've taken the MSF and a busa is what I want. I think that a older person has(should have)the speed out of their system and I just want to cruise on something that appeals to me. Using common sense I think that I will be fine and thats the same for any bike I were to get, 60 mph is 60 mph, it all hurts the same, can anyone tell me differently....everyone seems to assume that speed is all that is desired, it's not, as for getting killed because of inexperience, well I've been there done that, I died 9 times last APR 05 and now I just want to do all of the things that I put off all of these yrs, next on my list is skydiving this summer. But I do plan to ride using common sense but thanks for the discouragement anyway.
afro.gif

44 y/o here and just bought an '01.  sounds like you're mature and responsible enough...so GIT R DONE and get yourself a busa (plus it sounds like you it to yourself)

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143367799 -->

Welcome to the board  

smile.gif
just so I have a better understanding of your frist post..
is the busa you,re frist bike??

As far as assuming speed is all that is desired........ (and I realised you have not stated this)....  I have to disagree.. sure, most of the members here may have bought their busa because it is the fastest road production bike available.
But I seriously do not think speed was the main factor in their decision to buy  the busa.
For me anyhow, and I'm sure this would be the same for most of the members on this board.  It has been an evolutionary thing..
Which brings me back to my frist question!!!!!

You are right, common sense is what's needed, when it comes to riding any motorcycle.

I've always believed that as long as the brain engages before the gear dose and a sense of responsibility is taken and Respect for the bike you're about to ride, whether it be a busa or a mini Moto.
All will be fine.

Welcome to the board!
smile.gif

If you ride within your abilities (most of the time), the 'Busa will work out well. It is an easy and confortable bike to ride reasonably. Yes, it can run like a bat out of Heck but that is controlled by your right wrist and your brain.

Good luck with your decision.

Welcome to the insanity. Be careful. Keep the tach under 5k RPM until you get some experience. The Busa has a duel personality. Dr. Jeckle up to 6K RPM, then turns into Mr. Hide very quickly as the tach climbs. You may also want to think about not using first gear for a few hundred miles. The Busa has enough torque to pull out from a stop in 2nd and is less likely to get into a situation where the Busa tosses you back, causing you to accidentlly rolling on the throttle. Once you get some experience and get comfortable....

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Board ,.. Enjoy the company and be safe..

Welcome to the madness
super.gif

yer in Vegas eh...Lots of great board members live there,plus a few of us will be visiting next month (I'm just a tag-along,wont be riding,just drinkin' and gambling,hahaha).

Maybe see ya there.... RSD.

The Busa is a great bike to cruise around on. Speed is a very deceiving conception. Most people say they don't care about the speed and once they get a Busa they have an abundance at their fingertips. Not to mention there will be plenty of people who will want to pull up and see if they can beat a Busa. Afterall, it is the king of speed. Once you get the bike, you won't regret it and will probably never be without one. Enjoy your future purchase and welcome to the board. One warning, before you post pics of your bike, remove the reflectors or the reflector sharks will be in the water...

Welcome aboard.

Didn't get the Busa for the speed. Got it for the comfort. IMO, most comfortable sportbike available. Only thing close it the Blackbird, but they arent produced in the states anymore. I use mine for riding and not for racing, in most cases. The speed is just an added bonus

Welcome to the site  
beerchug.gif
, and like someone else said, you might want to quick shift out of 1st into 2nd pulling away from a stop. I do all the time and it sure makes it a smooooth transition down the road, expecially if you turning from a stop  
idea.gif

Welcome! I'm 48 and the Busa is the first bike I've owned in 15 years. I was a little shy about getting her after reading all the horror stories on this site. Don't worry, she's not that bad, just take it easy until you get to know her.

very comfortable very smooth throttle (don't let that fool you, there is alot there just be careful) but for nice and normal cruising around you will be thoroughly impressed.
wink.gif

Back