Help with the Wife

Bill, if you still have the maps, could you email them to me? Would like to try a map for the HMF's.

Rear view.  HMFs paired with Top Gun undertail with black LEDs.   The best azz in the busa industry in my opinion...
Use your imagination a little. Almost looks as if the Busa is "drawing guns" on you...
cool.gif
bowdown.gif

Make a trade with her. You get the exhausts, she gets to remodel the master bathroom! Sounds fair, eh?!!!
tounge.gif

--Wag--

You WILL need to remove the PAIR valve, and install block off plates.
(Around 50 bucks from Veltune.com)  If you do not, engine damage could occur...
What is this pair valve and what does it do? Im not too sure I could do the work. WAY to nervious to attempt taking off the body panels and stuff. afraid I would scratch them or something. Mabe one of my friends will be willing to help with it. Or its off to the dealer I go :-(

the PAIR valve is an emissions gadget that takes clean air from the airbox and puts it into the exhaust.

When you put on a Full exhaust system, the pair valve causes some major backfires. Mine was actually backfiring with the stock exhaust. I put the BDE kit on and volla, no more backfires.
They start out small, then get larger and louder as you keep the PAIR valve on. Eventually, it leads to engine damage. I know another AF member that had to have major engine work done for this exact reason.

He used to be a member here, but hasn't posted in a few months.

Here is a pic. BT has some detailed pics of when he installed his on his busa back in the day. I wish I would have taken some for you when I installed mine, but I didn't think about it.

-Bill

bde_pair.jpg

You can buy it here:

I guess Tom at Veltune doesn't sell them anymore unless you are buying an exhaust from him? That changed since I bought mine.

Another pic from Brocks site.

S13_PAIR.jpg

u guys that have the maps both have PM's.. but somebody said u have to use the blockoffs.. i havent and havent had any problems? and ive had the hmf's on for about a year and half now. I just need the maps to go with them.

Don't forget the PAIR blockoffs-recommend you go with the Brock-Davidsons,
I think those little block off plates are a ripoff..

no offense to veltune cuz he sells em' or whatever.. but really..

I just took a pair of metal snips and cut the tubes off flush on the original pair valve junk.. not like i'm gonna ever put it back on or whatever.. took them to a local body shop and asked them to put a little dab of weld into the hole... then took a grinder to them to smooth them back out on the backside. Then I got fancy and painted em' black. Made some gaskets out of gasket paper and viola..

cost me a whole whopping 18cents..

of course they don't say "BDE" on them, but not too many people have stuck their head behind my front wheel to admire my pair valve knock off plates either.

Back