Getting full exhaust

Batman#1

BatBusa
Donating Member
Registered
Well I am in the market for the HMF full dual high mounts and will be getting a PCIIIusb with it also (I think that is the one I need). Also getting the muzzy fan. Is their any thing else that I need to do like the pair valve or an air box mod? I do not do any racing other that little runs here and their with friends. So any help would be helpfull. Or what are the pro's and Con's of doing the extra mods with this exhaust.

Do just what you mentioned...
The HMF dual high mount exhaust, PCIIIUSB, Pair valve mod and the Small air box mod...
And you might consider changing the front sprocket to a 16 tooth and the rear to a 42 tooth...
Then let me know when your done with the mods and I will send you a Map that will make your Busa run soo much better than before...
The difference in performance will be almost unbelievable compared to stock and yet be more smooth around town...You will be glad you did these mods...

David

Thanks for the info!
If I change the sprockets to a 16 / 42 will I lose a few top end mph and gain on acceleration. Or vice versa

Well I am in the market for the HMF full dual high mounts and will be getting a PCIIIusb with it also (I think that is the one I need).  Also getting the muzzy fan.  Is their any thing else that I need to do like the pair valve or an air box mod?  I do not do any racing other that little runs here and their with friends.  So any help would be helpfull.  Or what are the pro's and Con's of doing the extra mods with this exhaust.
I just did a full akro race exhaust with a pc3usb and pair removal about a month ago...and highly recommend you go ahead and get that pair system outta there while you're at it..imho?..i'd be foolish not to...it helps clean up the tuning a tad by taking away it's ability to intermitently steal clean filtered air from your airbox and seems to eliminate any choppy sounding decel...and you get this sweet rythmic growl as she revs down during engine braking....besides?..the longer you leave the pair on there?..the tougher it is to get those freaking carbon/graphite gaskets off the face of your pair ports.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

not only that but i could imagine that the header install would be even tougher with that pair valve in there. i got lucky all my gaskets stuck to the pair valve. the head was squeaky clean.:D

Is it -1 in the front or +2 in the rear or both?
That's a pretty sick adjustment!
laugh.gif

Most guys, unless you're talking racing and prepping for specific tracks, either drop a tooth in the front or add one/two in the rear. -1 in the front is about equal to dropping two in the rear. The front sprocket change is a little bit less involved. I would drop a tooth in the front if I were you, and if you're not feeling that the bottom end power gain is enough, then add one or two to the rear. -1 and +2 ... I can't even imagine what that would be like. Not with the power at your wrist with the bike purely stock. Like someone else already said, you are going to lose top end speed, but ... what's 175 or 180 versus 185, really? ...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144384831 -->

Pair-sucker-mod is alway another option. Get a good map, dyno time, maybe cutt out baffels in the cans, but watch for a lean condition depending on pipe. Small airbox mod with BMC race filter. +2 in the rear and leave front sprocket alone, maybe cutt cans down by 8 or 10 inches...sound is good. Completely seal off ram-air leaks while your doing the box mod....smooth any seams inside ram-air tubes. Loctite the 3 screws when installing muzzy fan.

and the block off plates for the pair valve.Get some header gaskets if you can find them.

and the block off plates for the pair valve.Get some header gaskets if you can find them.
+1

You can find the gaskets for your exhaust ports on Ronayers.com. Your block off plates for the pair valve should come with gaskets. Check to make sure. Your existing gaskets will stick where the valve mounts up...don't forget to scrape 'em off.

Thanks alot for all the info! I will be getting everything in about two weeks when my tax refund comes in!

Back