Replacing air filter soon...

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
What is the opinion of the Board in general...
Which of the two major aftermarked filters will do better...
Consider, I have HMF Dual high mounts, PCIIIUSB, Small airbox mod, Pair valve mod, GIPro TRE, and so on...
I trust that several of you guys have already been there/done that and I will go with whatever the experienced members of this great Board recommend...

Thanks in advance,

David

Save yourself a few $$ and buy either of the two.... Whichever can be purchased for the least amount of $$. I've heard the BMC is the cats meow for "Track Heads".

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1152468892 -->

I love my B.M.C.!!!
thumbs-up.gif

There have been posts that say the K&N will actually hurt your hp just a little, not enough to feel and barely enough to measure. I have a K&N in mine and love the fact that I just clean it out.

Don

k&n has been in every vehicle I have owned since 1989...and always will be.
I have two for my busa....one stays cleaned and ready for install while the other is used.
As with any cleanable gauze filter....you can have a period of "downtime" while the filter dries from the washing and the oil is allowed to soak in. It's usually a good project for rainy days.

go for the BMC if it makes your ego feel better.....but I have yet to be in or see a race that was won or lost due to the style of air filter.
wink.gif

FWIW...the K&N is oiled a bit heavy from the factory...after the first cleaning....just apply less oil to the gauze...you'll get the hang of it after a while.
As for the BMC....it allows more air by way of less filtration material...which 'could' mean more dirt in the motor....over time, that might amount to something....or maybe not.

What is the opinion of the Board in general...
Which of the two major aftermarked filters will do better...
Consider, I have HMF Dual high mounts, PCIIIUSB, Small airbox mod, Pair valve mod, GIPro TRE, and so on...
I trust that several of you guys have already been there/done that and I will go with whatever the experienced members of this great Board recommend...

Thanks in advance,

David
I have almost the same setup as you. the tech that did the tuning Etc. on mine said that the K&N actually was more restrictave than the stock filter. I went with the BMC race filter, and i'm glad i did.

I have the BMC street filter. I wanted a little more protection than the race version offered. As soon as I put it in I noticed a little bit crisper throttle response......and you can hear the difference in the intake roar. On the downside mine didn't seem to have the build quality of a K&N...it was a little deformed from the manufacturing process, but still fit, filters and works just fine. I know its a slight improvement over the stocker....but not sure if its enough to warrant the expense and regular cleanings. The lazy man in me might just stay stock next time....just toss the old one and slap in a new
wink.gif
All the little mods do add up tho....and we are in this for performance........tough call

stay w/stock filter, I got a brand new bmc race & cleaning kit, like my stock better, you can have my bmc race & cleaning kit, $100 & postage !!!!!!!

<!--EDIT|maui busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152512988 -->

car_show_06_3_edited.jpg

dude, i got my BMC race filter in and on the very first ride (back home is 8mi of freeway:) I could FEEL major wide-open difference-bike goes bananas after 6k rpms! And with a nice twin setup (i have HMF Hi-mounts) the sound is absolutely AWESOME!!!
smile.gif

bmc race...hands down...evidently the busa loves air as much as gas...just put my bmc rave in a couple days ago...and my new truck hasn't moved since...fugger rips like never before.
biggrin.gif

Back