Help!  How do I adjust the friggin chain?

I got a 36mm socket at Auto Zone for $17.99. Rear stand makes it easier but not a have to have thing. Also need an 8mm and 10mm wrench which is in the tool kit but a regular wrench works better IMO. I also got a ruler from the hardware store that measures 64ths" and use it to measure the back wheel straight.
One of those few minutes on Saturday morning jobs that has to be done ever so often.

Plethora of chain cleaners, and chain lubes. I'll be honest with you. The Factory Shop Manual and the Owner's Manual both recommend the kerosene maintenance. I just flopped GoFaster's chain and sprockets, and after 17,000 miles of "kerosene", it took an extra hour just to clean up the rear hub and the sprocket area on the engine. The kerosene leftovers were just "that hard" to get cleaned. Now, yes I'm a bit attentive to detail bordering on obsessive, but there are plenty of excellent chain cleaners (o-ring safe), and chain lube products that will do the job better.

I use the Motorex 611 chain clean, and the Motorex 622 white chain lube for city and general riding. The chain cleaner is excellent. Spray on, wipe off. Repeat. The chain lube is a white lube, but turns dark grey after 600 or 700 miles. I'm a big fan of cleaning, conditioning, and checking adjustment on a regular basis. It also helps to have a rear stand, simply, so you can rotate the wheel, and clean and grease and be done with it. Takes me about 15 to 20 minutes and I'm back on the ground.

The chain lubes are many, and there are Chain waxes also. I'm actually starting to favor the Belray white, it's a no-fling kind of grease and does a nice job as well.

Happy cleaning....
super.gif

PS I bought my Busa through Carter Powersports here in Vegas. I don't have "any" respect for their maintenance crew. They must be smoking pot or something, as I have seen so many bad pieces of work done (bordering on plain negligence) that I simply bought the Suzuki GSX1300R Shop Repair Manual, and do "everything" myself. Other than tire swaps, and I pull the wheels and take them the tires, and Racer's Edge gets those jobs because they have three talented guys in their bays, and the shop manager is also a fellow rider.

PPSS Don't forget a piece of cardboard for behind the chain between the chain and the tire to prevent overspray.....ask me how I know...
coolold.gif

You said you are a former HARLEY Owner?? You should be used to working on bikes then
cool.gif

1. Take it to PCP, where I bought a service contract when I got the bike. They charge 35 bucks for adjustment and lube.

That's just insane,the shop i go to charges $8.00 for adjustment and lube.

Usally do it myself but if i am close i just let them do it for 8 bucks.

$8 bucks, not that it is a hard job, but might go to a shop for that low of a price.

Don't use a centerstand or rearstand to adjust your chain! It will be too tight. Always with the kickstand.

So how much you want for your Busa
rock.gif
?........
super.gif
 BTW, the stock drive chain "IS" crap.  The question is, if you get yourself a nice, strong 530-performance chain....are you going to let it dry out and go to crap
rock.gif
?....  Hayabusa's are a performance piece of machinery.  Tuned and well-kept....they are heaven on earth.  Take a deep breathe, have a cold one, get lost in your owner's manual over the second cold-one.  Relax, you still own the world's fastest, and best built production motorcycle....unless you've already been to a HD dealer, then, ride safe and watch out for Hayabusa's.....
coolold.gif
Ha Ha Ha...very well put......
ThumbsUp.gif

rock.gif

Back