Help me pick out my 2nd bike...

So i want to buy a cruiser probably a harley, my busa is so nice i'll feel bad hitting 20K on her by the end of the summer she's an 08... so i was thinking a v-rod cause they have like 125 horses, and adding bags and some eletrical clothing for the winter... plus the busa has no grip in the cold... a bike for longer trips that i can have the girlfriend on, cause my bike is stretched and lowered and we would bottom her out...

any other sugestions and why... i like the m109 and the new honda chopper what's that called? i sat on it... so give me some input... :thumbsup:

I guess it depends on what you're looking to do really. See, I don't have the luxury of owning two bikes....and I refuse to go into debt any further, so I sacrificed my Harley for the Busa. Mind you, it wasn't a really Harley, just a Sportster. But if I "could" have two, I would go for a simple Softail. But that's me. I love the feel of a slight lean backwards and just cruising for hours on end without feeling a thing. They're wonderful bikes and stylish too, but not terribly quick or agile... two out of three ain't bad.

Personally, I think the V-Rod is a bit overrated. For a Harley, it's an awesome leap forward. But that's like saying that Ford came out with a faster F-150....big deal.

Anyway, I'm limited in my experiences, but that's the long and short of it, for what it's worth. :beerchug: If you're serious about a Harley, they rent them in every major city for $100-$150 daily. It's well worth the money to see if you will enjoy it.

Last edited:
M109? Honda Fury? BigDog? I really liked my Heritage Classic.. lots of room, plenty of torque and just fun to ride..

i'm going to use it like a dailey driver, the busa will be my it's sunday and 80 degrees with no clouds in the sky ride...

for longer trips and camping out maybe...

Last edited:
Perhaps a wing? Sportbikes (I include the Busa) are like having a nymphomaniac GF that prefers sex in the back seat of a sportscar. Harley is more like having a drop dead hottie that is frigid. Wing could be more like hanging out at the Playboy mansion. I love my Strom (dl1000) for all around utility... ugly babe but real friendly, much faster than a Harley, much more comfortable than the Busa, plenty of "usable" midrange. Prolly carry more stuff on a wing, endure lower temps, carry the missus further....I think I'll try one when I wear out the Storm

Last edited:
make a poll of the bikes that catch your att. , I like the m109r its not a busa but it is comfy. and can hang w/ any cruiser

The Yamaha Raider is nice. 1900cc. Talked to a guy that owns a M109 and says it's just a hair behind the 109.

Screaming eagle V-Rod or a M-109! Just my .02 Whatever you do, I would atleast ride the V-rod, you might be surprised!:whistle:

M-109 is a nice bike if you want to stay with Suzuki. If you want to go American I like the Victory line of motorcycles. A friend of mine has the 8 Ball and loves it. Another cool one from Victory is the Hammer if you want the hot rod look.

hammer_s_blue.jpg

my dad has a goldwing.

he rode me on the back to go pick up my 600rr a few years back and I fell asleep it was so comfortable. the accessory market is ridiculous. ive bought him leg wind deflectors and all kinds of goodies for his bday and such. I mean radio, tons of space, huge windscreen, its a car on 2 wheels. He always laughs when it gets windy and such and ill tuck down to get out of the wind for a few and he's just sitting straight up like its all fine and dandy :laugh:

weighs a ton though, he has rode my busa and wants one for fun :thumbsup:

Back