Picked up my track bike

The Oracle

Registered
Here she is in all of her glory... I am planning to keep the busa too.

I will take her out for her maiden voyage at Road Atlanta race track in early March.

I have a question: She only had 450 miles on her and she sat in a garage for 2 years... There is a backfire every now and then. I changed the oil and drained the fuel tank then refilled it with good gas and carb cleaner stuff. I drove her for 30 miles or so, and she still backfires a bit. I noticed a pretty big difference after a couple of miles on the new fuel. Anything else I should do to get the engine tip-top?

Thanks,
Rip

SV01.jpg

BTW - I have already ordered:
- frame sliders
- swingarm sliders / spools
- service manual (printed and on CD)
- steel brake lines (up front)

These things are up for investigation:
- Rearset (not sure which brand or offset yet, leaning towards woodcraft)
- Scott's Steering Damper
- Michelin Pilot Race H2 Tires (either these or Pilot Sports)

And, these are on the wish list:
- Yoshimura high mount Ti
- Racing Plastics (SharkSkinz)
- Suspension (rear ohlin and rebuilt front)
- Professional suspension adjustment

Did I leave anything off?

-Rip

Looks nice Oracle! And I'm so glad you're keeping the Busa! :D

Why was it being sold after just a few miles? The bike looks brand new...

Looks nice Oracle!  And I'm so glad you're keeping the Busa!  :D

Why was it being sold after just a few miles?  The bike looks brand new...
I bought it from a friend...  He rarely rode it...  So, I decided to ask him if he was interested in selling it...  He said yes and asked for a price.  I looked online and saw them selling for $3000 + and none of them had this few of miles.  So, I checked what a dealer would pay him, and they said under $3000.  So, I called him back and offered $3000.  He said, "ok."  After replacing the battery, she was golden!  Since he doesn't ride her, it was Win-Win for both of us!

( ;

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077508525 -->

Oracle,

Before the busa my '02 SVs (silver) was my favorite bike!  Everything about it was superb.  The only mod I made to it was a full system, Micron high mount...scorched, oh and I bought a gel seat.  It looked and sounded awesome.  I only wished I had taken it to the track, I've heard it's an excellent race bike.  It was so much fun to ride on the street!  I wish I could have kept it and had the busa too...best of both worlds   :D

ummm, sorry can't help you with that engine stuff...lol

Have fun,
Kris

That ROCKS Oracle. :) You are gonna have SO MUCH FUN.
What about Air Filter or other HP mods listed on some SV newsgroup somewhere, so all those friggin GIX1000's won't be steamrolling you?? Turbo? Gearing? Spare parts of the things that will break easily? Hey! YOU DIDN'T MENTION LEATHERS, BOOTS, GLOVES, HELMETS!! What cha got? ! piece or two? Are you doing the trailer thang?

I plan on doing track days all next year on my Busa. Found a guy who can safety wire me and do all the race crap, getting race leathers, the works.

Can't help ya with the engine stuff, or I would! Sorry

Hey, is that Fabio's busa sittin' next to your track bike? :super: :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

post-6-92600-sv02.jpg

I like the SV bikes. Nice one for a nice price sounds like. Hope you enjoy the Hell out of it, man. ;)

awesome new bike man. that was one of those no brainer deals.
congrads.... those SV's seem really nice. I havent ridden one but i have sat on em at the dealership and they seem mighty comfy. again congrads :beerchug:

kazzin

Dude a Busa and now a HALFABUSA in one garage... Very Cool... Now I am officially jealous.

I like how tiny the SV looks next to the Busa...Kinda putting things in perspective.... That bike is going to be a blast on the track though.

That ROCKS Oracle.  :)  You are gonna have SO MUCH FUN.
What about Air Filter or other HP mods listed on some SV newsgroup somewhere, so all those friggin GIX1000's won't be steamrolling you??   Turbo?  Gearing? Spare parts of the things that will break easily?  Hey!  YOU DIDN'T MENTION LEATHERS, BOOTS, GLOVES, HELMETS!!  What cha got?  ! piece or two?  Are you doing the trailer thang?

I plan on doing track days all next year on my Busa.  Found a guy who can safety wire me and do all the race crap, getting race leathers, the works.

Can't help ya with the engine stuff, or I would!  Sorry
I have two piece Vansons...

And, the four bike trailer (Wells Cargo) is coming... Along with an RV. Me and some buddies (including bsrigley) are all gonna do some track days this season!

Taking the busa out there? You got bigger cajoles then me my friend!

Hey, is that Fabio's busa sittin' next to your track bike? :super: :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

I like the SV bikes. Nice one for a nice price sounds like. Hope you enjoy the Hell out of it, man. ;)
yep...  I am Fabio...  I wish!  That guy gets the chicks like you wouldn't believe!  We make fun of him and all, but he is a P magnet!

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: "removed photo"|1069111477 -->

Very cool setup with the two bikes. :beerchug:

I can see you'll be having a lot of fun next year. CONGRATS!!!

BTW - You didn't by chance take the plate off the busa and put it on the SV to ride it around did you? :eek:

Didn't think so... ;)

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "@#$% emoticons"|1069143600 -->

right on bro!
u got hooked up!

congrats !

about the back fire:
i had a ducati monster and for the first 1000 miles the thing backfired... it was embarssing as hell.:blush:

the dealer asured me it would go away after along hard ride after the break in period of course.

yes it did .

and when i drained the oil i found metal shavings they said that was normal to, for the first few oil changes.
it went away after that.

they blame the back fire and the shavings on the reason its a twin and some other break in period issues.
it needs more time to break in than others.. some sh!t like that anyway.

PS the SV is a great stunt bike.:;):

a few friends bought wrecked ones and striped them down and replaced sprockets and brake lines.
now they wheelie and stoppie all over the place they are bad arss bikes to learn on and great to corner as well.

by the way have you called the shop to see what they say???

good luck in you racing endovers.

G

Yeah, most cops aren't that smart :D

Gotcha on that one...j/k

And, the four bike trailer (Wells Cargo) is coming[/QUOTE]

Great choice for a second bike Oracle. I wanted to ask if you found a local dealer for your Wells Cargo, as I'm looking to buy a 2 bike trailer for my long distant adventures next year. Seems, I'm following in your footsteps ... same color bikes, same dyno tuner ... :)

Yeah I noticed the Bus was missing her tags....

Just call the lil red one Mini Me....

Back