WHile bike was down made changes

busabrother

Registered
While bike was being painted i installed a ek zvx 530 x ring chain, new HH pads front and rear new stock steel sprocket and today i copped a full set of cush drive cushions (FOR FREE!!!! Thakns PHATDADDY!!) So i took her out on her maiden voyage with all the refreshers and she pulls even harder than she did before. The HH's still arent broken in yet, so i coud feel the braking lag, but they did seem firmer. But I tried to pull a wheelie to test her out. And I damn near went 12 oclock. SO my question is . The old chain (15k miles on it AND stretched all the way out) havuing been replaced with new one. Would that cause better pickup? if so why. If not , what? Thakns in advance!!

Since you have a new chain you need to break it in give it time to stretch...If your chain and rear sprocket had worn badly you should feel a bit more pep...Did you change the front sprocket...What size did you put on the rear...Don't pull alot of wheelies just yet may cause the chain to stretch unevenly or worst yet break...
evil.gif

You might get more pep if you added a couple of teath to the rear without knowing it... Otherwise... Smoke and mirrors and getting back on after having not ridden for awhile.

How long should I wait? Miles etc?  Thakns for the input stunnah

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093438499 -->

Chain and new cushions will definatly give you better feel. Thats probably what you're feelin'. Don't hammer the bike untill you've adjusted the chain about twice. It should need to be adjusted more often the first few times.

Its cause the wheelbase was shortened most likely with the new chain. Thats why you almost went 12 o' clock. Damn the bike must feel really smooth now with the new chain and sprockets.

Since you have a new chain you need to break it in give it time to stretch...If your chain and rear sprocket had worn badly you should feel a bit more pep...Did you change the front sprocket...What size did you put on the rear...Don't pull alot of wheelies just yet may cause the chain to stretch unevenly or worst yet break...  
evil.gif
I agree with the Stunnahman, you need to allow the chain a lil' time to stretch. With the new rubber bushings in the hub, a new sprocket, and chain will definitely pep up the ol' girl. Just give it a little break-in period before you push it. Oh yeah, and what Stunnah said about breaking the chain doing wheelies is too true. My buddy had just put a new chain on his Busa and it broke while he was doing a wheelie. The chain just shot right out of the rear of the bike. Luckily when it whipped around the front sprocket it didn't break the water pump. That's the first thing a broken chain is bound to hit once it passes around the front sprocket. Just be patient. It'll wind up costing you more if you have to replace a water pump and/or gear shift cover. I've had to replace a gear-shift cover and man that thing is a beeotch to take off and put on.

Brian

Back