HELP - Busa is struggling above 9000 rpm

Wazzup

Donating Member
Registered
'04 Busa and the girl is having a hard time at 9000 rpm. Once I hit 9K she loses power and struggles to go any further. If I shift she takes right off again until "the wall" at 9K....................anyone have any ideas? TIA- Tom

No PC on the '04.................

Fuel filter? At 6K all is fine at WOT, but at 9K it does feel like it's starving.....hmmm

Thanks guys. Anyone else?

TIA - Tom

There's guys on here who know way more than me that will jump in. But if you do a search on fuel pumps, you'll read about people with the exact same symptoms where it ended up being the fuel pump.

Hope that helps...

is this a new problem or always existed? (you will need fuel pressure check to start out, the posts above are a good place to start)

You will probably find the screen on the fuel pump plugged or a bad pump..Check the inside of your tank for rust also.....

it could even be something as stupid as a pinched vent line.

If your bike is all stock/OE then as other already mentioned it's probably fuel related.

Last edited:
sounds like it might be an injector problem , i would get a set of injectors or send those out and have them cleaned (mps does a good job with a quick turn around )

sounds like it might be an injector problem , i would get a set of injectors or send those out and have them cleaned (mps does a good job with a quick turn around ).

Check your airfilter and sparkplugs. They may both need to be changed.

Also, if you've ran race fuel in the past and let it sit overnight, that can ruin your fuelpump and cause the engine not to rev past a certain point.

Back