Bike is bogging down a little

LeeFL2

Registered
2006 Busa
Only mod so far is a Muzzy Street Megaphone system.

Bike runs and sounds great except for idle to power on transition from a stop. She feels like she is not getting enough gas. Sometimes its ok and sometimes she stumbles and needs a rev to get her going (very rare but has happened a few times).

No Power Comander yet.

No other complains. At any other RPM, she hauls ass and feels stronger with the new pipe.

Is this normal until I map the fuel???

I personally wouldn't run it too long.
Some have on the board and not had any problems.
I would be afraid that it is running too lean.

Probably needs a map.. yes, like pipefighter said... but one question... what is your idle set at? If its to low, it'll give you issues...

(LeeFL2 @ Jul. 07 2007,17:47) 2006 Busa

Bike runs and sounds great except for idle to power on transition from a stop. She feels like she is not getting enough gas. Sometimes its ok and sometimes she stumbles and needs a rev to get her going (very rare but has happened a few times).

No Power Comander yet.

No other complains. At any other RPM, she hauls ass and feels stronger with the new pipe.

A PC with a good map will square that away nicely...but also keep in mind that's there's an old clich'e that goes something like this...

"When it comes to making HP?...there's no free lunch...a free'er breathing pipe simply moves the power further north."

However...with proper tuning/mapping?...much of what you steal from the lows can be retained/regained while still enjoying significant power increases up top.
biggrin.gif

PC and map and you'll be GTG...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

EDIT/PS...btw...i'm just a 'lil north of you in Port Saint Lucie...we should get together for a ride sometime.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Sloto200 @ Jul. 07 2007,21:08) Probably needs a map.. yes, like pipefighter said... but one question... what is your idle set at?  If its to low, it'll give you issues...
My idle is at about 1400 now. so it's good.

I ain't wringing it's neck too much right now. Just every once in a while.

Most of the time I'm under 8k rpm's. She doesn't really need a whole lot more.

I have never hit the limiter and have had her to 170 on a few occasions.

Thanks for the help

My apologies. I didn't see this post before I put up my on the same topic. I was not trying to gouge on you or anything.
blush.gif

(BusaBret @ Jul. 07 2007,23:48) My apologies. I didn't see this post before I put up my on the same topic. I was not trying to gouge on you or anything.
blush.gif
No worries, sounds like we have two slightly different problems. Mine only stumbles a little on take off, after that she screams,
Good luck with your bike!

Hey LEE,
I got a Hindle full put on mine about 3 weeks ago, and had the same problem. I'm the one that suggested Quasar to you(MY06LE) Well after he mapped mine it helped alot !! It's still a little jumpy under 3000 RPM's,
but I was told that alot of people have this issue, and a TRE would help this problem ? (I was told a TRE smoothes out the lower RPM's)

I'm sure someone here could let us both know how true this is, and if could help you out ?

(kennym4 @ Jul. 08 2007,09:30) Hey LEE,
I got a Hindle full put on mine about 3 weeks ago, and had the same problem. I'm the one that suggested Quasar to you(MY06LE) Well after he mapped mine it helped alot !! It's still a little jumpy under 3000 RPM's,
but I was told that alot of people have this issue, and a TRE would help this problem ? (I was told a TRE smoothes out the lower RPM's)

I'm sure someone here could let us both know how true this is, and if could help you out ?
Some have had luck with a TRE and some haven't.
A TRE is a band-aid fix.
A good map that is properly tuned will not need it.

(LeeFL2 @ Jul. 07 2007,22:47) 2006 Busa

No Power Comander yet.

Keep checking on eBay, I got a PC for $225 or so...
smile.gif

Back