Busa powered Funny car

I dont mind installing a wide band commander if i need one. I will check the plugs on the head and air box how do you know which is which, { guess if it runs better i got it right}I just ran the motor after bypassing the extra regulator may have helped some.The map i have loaded is setup for a K&N air filter and Hindle exhaust since i am running header only i think it should go way lean.I am adding 10% fuel from 7500 to red line. This may not be enough and ideas?

I am assuming it is a USB?
rock.gif

if so what are the numbers in 100% Table above 8K.
Also I didn't see if it was stock injectors or not.

(respivey @ May 15 2007,18:14) I dont mind installing a wide band commander if i need one. I will check the plugs on the head and air box how do you know which is which, { guess if it runs better i got it right}I just ran the motor after bypassing the extra regulator may have helped some.The map i have loaded is setup for a K&N air filter and Hindle exhaust since i am running header only i think it should go way lean.I am adding 10% fuel from 7500 to red line. This may not be enough and ideas?
I wish you were closer, these bugs are fun to work out.
bluegrab.gif

I am running a 200 ohm resister in line on the ignition since i dont use a key switch. I am wondering if this might be breaking down are may be the wrong resistence. That is what it is acting like, pulls strong to about 8000 then about 8500 acts as if someone cut off the switch. the engine goes completely lean I did get the engine to hit the rev limiter a couple of times but from half throttle position on nothing until wide open throtle. I have heard of problems with a kick stand switch causeing something like this, any ideas.

I am about ready to trailer it some place oviously i dont know what i am doing. Johnny Cheeseman didnt realize you were the famous Johnny Cheeseman i have heard about, the air box is a homemade item with the factory stacks installed. the stock air box will not fit.

Johnny cheese is the bomb with tuning and I can guarantee that if you get this to him, he will figure it out.

like I said try the zero's in the map first and see what happens. or you could even try -5 instead.
the problem is the stock injectors get to 98-99% duty cycle and they will shut down. closed turn off etc....(02-07).
The 99-01 just stayed open.
thus if you have anything close to 5-20 in the cells above 7K the duty cycle hits max and the injectors shut down untill the duty cycle goes under 98%

my dyno won't take a car chassis but there is a car chassis dyno 1 mile from my shop

Mine is a 2002 tomorrow i will remap that could very well be the problem. I even added 10 percent to those numbers , with the conditions you discussed i reall y didnt change any thing. As you can tell i am one of those big block chevy people hard headed,. I am located in Brazoria Tx not that far away.

Ok remaped ,at 80% or better it will peg the rev limiter. the headers are glowing which may mean a lean condition. Still have a problem between about 6500 and 8000 Question do i need to lower the numbers at 60% also as i am seeing some 10s etc. on my map.

I am steping the rpm up 1000 at a time while watching the air fuel ratio meter have not tried going to full throttle all at once. It was way to late last night to tune at 11000 this sucker is loud.

(respivey @ May 17 2007,07:11) I am steping the rpm up 1000 at a time while watching the air fuel ratio meter have not tried going  to full throttle all at once. It was way to late last night to tune at 11000 this sucker is loud.
in neutral?
rock.gif
?

that would run a neutral map and will not rev correctly
it has to be under a load

Not sure if i understand i know there will be a difference with no load in neutral . If i stage the car in low gear i need to leave at about 8500 rpm. that is the area that now is causing problems. At about 60% throttle it is trying to shut down if i go to 80% or above i think you have cured that.

Back