Odd problem with my busa

alex27a

Registered
Hello!

I have a problem with my busa... It manifests like this:

at 2000 rpm it looses power
at 3000 rpm it has a blast of power (compared to the power since then)
when I keep it constant at 3500 rpm busa has problems running smoothly and it accelerates/deccelerates quickly...

All of these are very annonying ... I changed the spark plugs, cleaned up the air filter (got a k&n), changed the gas filter, syncronised the valves, checked the compression (which is ok), removed the power commander, but it still makes these problems.

Does anybody has any ideea what it might be?

Thanks.
Best Regards!

If it runs good above 7k rpm, keep it there. Problem solved!
cool.gif

Maybe I have described the problem poorly. The thing is that my busa is no longer accelerating or running as it should in low RPMs. The acceleration is no longer linear and you don't know what to expect when you pull the acceleration. For example, when I pull the acceleration at low RPMs, instead of accelerating it slows down (not always) for a few tenths of a second and then suddenly it has a blast of power. This way, its very hard to control it for example in the curves when this issue can cause tire slippage.

Please help.
Thanks.

Hi..... welcome to the board.

I think to get the root of your problem.

The guys here will need more information from you.

1........ what year is your bike.

2........ what mileage is on it.

3........ what engine modifications, have you got on your bike, exhaust system, power commander, etc.

It's from 2000, 48.000km

Power commander: yes (same problem with or without it)
Exhaust: Akrapovic Evolution line.

I have these mods since 10000km on it but this problem has occured at 43000km

Also check to see if any vacuum lines came off. Did you do something to the bike before it start happening, or did it just start doing it on its own, I will have to agree with the fuel pump going bad at that mileage, maybe even fuel filter.
food for thought
smile.gif

I will check the TPS to see if there's something wrong, before I order a new fuel pump...

Thanks for the info!

<!--EDIT|alex27a
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155900950 -->

Back