need help

badassbusa

Registered
hi there busa guys. i have 01 busa.with k&n filter. TRE. slipon blue flame exh. & power commander. lately around 6k & 10k rpm the engine will loose it's power then it will takeoff like crazy. have 19000 miles on the bike. the FI light is not on & i replaced the spark plugs 1week ago, any ideas?

Just out of curiosity, is your power commander in your tail?? (the tail of the bike of course) if so check to make sure that nothing has pushed the buttons for you during a ride you know like too much stuff you crammed in there (been there done that, took about 2 weeks to figure it out)
smiley10.gif
. try downloading your fuel map and compare it to what should be loaded. sounds like maybe a nasty hole in a fuel map to me.
smiley10.gif

smiley10.gif

i did unplug my pc2 & i am having the same problem. any more ideas!!!!i also unpluged the TRE did not make any changes!!!

This one sounds like fuel supply problems under hard accelleration?. Have you changed the filters? At 19000 miles you are due for changing/cleaning all three. Just speculating of course.

i wanted to replace the fuel filters, they told me i have to buy the whole assembley for over 300.00$. i think they where trying to sell the fuel pump kit. is that right? how i can clean the filters?

try switching your battery with some one...That has happend to me before and I replaced a dead battery and voila. no problems.

Badass - Get a copy of the shop manual or a CD version. The paper version is more convenient in the shop. It will walk you through the filter cleaning, like location and parts. Some filters are cartridges and the others are screens. That manual is very good and is writen in understandable english.

I am pretty sure the filter is separate from the pump and shouldn't cost near that much. $300 ouch. I'm talking more like $30 bucks.

mr busa, i did also replaced the battery with a new one to almost a week ago & still the same problem, i will try to clean the fuel filters or replace them.

same bike same problem,
evil.gif
i cleaned the fuel filters, checked my fuel pressure it is 43 psi which that is normal. cleaned the injectors. i still have the same problem. around 10000 rpm the bike will loose power & jerk, any help busa people?

it's pluged to the air box, all vacum lines are conected to where it belongs. any more ideas Johnnycheese? i have couple friend telling me it might be the ECU. but that is an expencive guess:D

load a zero map run it then load your map.
it sound like it is not a PC problem more of a senor or vacuum problem.
but it could have lost the map

oh and just for grins check the battery teminals

i think i found the problem but not sure tough. i trusted my friend to install the shift light on my bike, he taped to the wrong wires on all the coils. i will fix the problem tomorow & test drive the bike, hope that fixes the problem:)

lmao !!..Im crying tears of JOY !..Because I dont feel alone anymore!..I'm having the same dayum problem!..Bruh..I have gone way past the changes and things you've done, so " I FEEL YOUR PAIN! " Were are at 99% sure its fuel related. Were just still trying to issolate it and figure it out. Here's a list of what ive done already to hopefuly help you out and save some time:
1) Stator Changed
2) 3 sets of plugz
3) All sensors changed
4) Fuel pumped Changed
5) Fuel filters Changed
6) Tip over sensor changed
7) Remaped Power Commander
8) Tune up
9) ECM
10) Iddle something or another adjusted
I thinks thats it !?..Its been going on all summer long, and i've had so much done and checked..I may have left something, but I dont think so..Were checking the fuel pressure regulator next!..If this doesnt do it, were gonna change out the fuel system with 01 or better. Seeing how it was changed after 00. They eliminated some parts in the fuel system and placed the pump inside the tank..Smart move!!...I'll keep ya posted if it works...Good Luck.....

will a bad battery cause this? my battery died completely twice. but it still starts fine. But under load same symptoms

lmao !!..Im crying tears of JOY !..Because I dont feel alone anymore!..I'm having the same dayum problem!..Bruh..I have gone way past the changes and things you've done, so " I FEEL YOUR PAIN! " Were are at 99% sure its fuel related. Were just still trying to issolate it and figure it out. Here's a list of what ive done already to hopefuly help you out and save some time:
1) Stator Changed
2) 3 sets of plugz
3) All sensors changed
4) Fuel pumped Changed
5) Fuel filters Changed
6) Tip over sensor changed
7) Remaped Power Commander
8) Tune up
9) ECM
10) Iddle something or another adjusted
  I thinks thats it !?..Its been going on all summer long, and i've had so much done and checked..I may have left something, but I dont think so..Were checking the fuel pressure regulator next!..If this doesnt do it, were gonna change out the fuel system with 01 or better. Seeing how it was changed after 00. They eliminated some parts in the fuel system and placed the pump inside the tank..Smart move!!...I'll keep ya posted if it works...Good Luck.....
Sorry all, I got deployed and all that mess and totally foregot about my post. Well it turns out it was the fuel throttle body! After all the hard work and mess I went through, I found some info somewhere, about the throttle bodies. So I purchased a new set and haven't had that problem since! She's running like a Raped Ape! I purchased them off Ebay, took them to the shop, dropped them in and thats all she wrote. So hopefully this may shed some light on somebody's problem.

Back