problem! please help!

ncdogman

Registered
hey everyone. i have an 06 busa with a full muzzy exhaust and a power commander. this is my problem...in very low rpms (like riding through a shopping center), the bike wants to slightly bogg in and out. but once i get the rpms up (say like 4000 or above) the powerband smoothes out fine. im running 93 octane also. so i called dynojet up since im running their map and they told me that i could slightly raise the low rpm setting on the power commander box to lean it out some and this should help. needless to say it didnt. now this is also what i tried today....i ran 100 octane (oxygenated) gas in it and the problem is much worse. however, once i get above 5000 rpm the bike runs super hard. what can i do to solve this low rpm bogg problem? is it to rich still in the low range? like i was saying, im running the map from powercommand thats for the 02-06 busa with a full muzzy and a stock air filter. thanks guys!

Hopefully someone will chime in but for starter you should only be using using 87 octane, thats what the manaul recommend!

I agree with Rhythm...

Try running 87 thru there. I have the same setup - full Muzzy.

When I was running DynoJet's Muzzy map, I did notice a flat spot that seemed to go away around 4000. I'm running a different map and don't notice the flat spot anymore.

Using the Dyno Jet instructions to get all Power Commander settings back to like new and that includes sending a ZERO map to it , to be on the safe side is a step .

Step 2 is send me your email address through the PM system and I will email a map that works with your set-up . Will it be perfect ? Obviously not because of differing bikes and mileage on them + differing areas of the country they are used and or made in but i'm sure it will be alot better than the one your using and will help rule out the Dyno Jet map your using being the problem .

Your use of 93 octane is fine , especially if it see's severe service like hot ambient under heavy load all the time . Just in effort to help stop spark knock if it's occuring is one example I was hunting .

The manual just says to use "minimum" of 87 octane .

yea thanks. that map would be great. and your right it only says to use a minimum of 87. i know for a fact you can use 93 or even 100 octane as long as it doesnt contain more that 15% MTBE.

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 01 2007,14:21) Using the Dyno Jet instructions to get all Power Commander settings back to like new and that includes sending a ZERO map to it , to be on the safe side is a step .

Step 2 is send me your email address through the PM system and I will email a map that works with your set-up . Will it be perfect ? Obviously not because of differing bikes and mileage on them + differing areas of the country they are used and or made  in but i'm sure it will be alot better than the one your using and will help rule out the Dyno Jet map your using being the problem .

Your use of 93 octane is fine , especially if it see's severe service like hot ambient under heavy load all the time . Just in effort to help stop spark knock if it's occuring is one example I was hunting .

The manual just says to use "minimum" of 87 octane .
The man know his shid and I aint going to argue with him but I will say I was told by several good turners here locally to only use 87 octane and nothing higher than 91 on days above 90 degrees. Putting anything in higher than that in a stock Busa is a waste of your money

Back