My bike wont stay running and boggs and stutters.Any help?

fedup

Registered
I have a 2000 busa thats been giving me problems for about a week.At low rpm it boggs out and sometimes even dies "which is on the regular now" I changed the fuel pump thinking that was the problem but its gotten worse.It will run for about ten mins at a time then die and wont start up immediately,it takes about 15mins then itll run another ten mins an die again.Ive checked all handlebar connections,sidestand,battery"All the usual things to check and they all appear fine.Im stumped...any help would be greatly appriciated.thanks

Hello, I have similar problem, after changing fuel pump it runs, but with low power, after driving approx 2km it dies and I cannot start anymore. If I take out injectors and put them back, bike starts and runs, but afterwards the same. I spent already 2 weeks of my life on this, nobody knows what could be the problem, hopefully service will help it soon..

Ive been working on it for about a week now and have given up. :banghead:Ive replaced the pump,filter,injectors,checked all electrical connections,done everything i know to do and Im outta ideas.If you get yours figured out please lemme know what you found.Thanks..

it sounds like you have replaced the entire fuel system w the exception of the ecu. i read that you did check the battery. you had it load tested? your bike is charging correctly? 12-14 volts when off, and a marked increase in voltage running?

it sounds like you have replaced the entire fuel system w the exception of the ecu. i read that you did check the battery. you had it load tested? your bike is charging correctly? 12-14 volts when off, and a marked increase in voltage running?

Load tested it today an the charging sys seems to be in working order.I checked the tip over sensor seeing as how i had a lady run a stop sign a week ago and i laid it over,It seemed to be fine.I also checked all grounds and connections.I pulled the coils and ohm tested them"checked out good"The bike will idle for about ten mins or untill run temp and then die.I put it in gear when its cold ride untill it gets up to temp and BAM dead.No codes or warning.I dont get it...It runs rough at low rpm and boggs.I dont know what else to do..this is my first busa and Im at my wits end with it.:banghead:I dont know what it could be.It just started doin it.I was guna take it to a show this memorial day wkend but i cant make it outta my damn parkin lot.Im at a loss.HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Lowered stretched,air ride,Chromed out,big bore kit,roaring toys everything,silver with 3 kinds of flake,over 15gs in it....Cant get it figured out to stay running.Something simple im assuming but I dont know what it is...Im selling it!First 7g's takes it home!Its a bad B*&^H when shes running.

:welcome: to the org firstly. Second, wow thats a bummer. That sounds crazy. You might need to get it hooked up with the proper equipment, check TPS, Coolant Temp Sensor, Crank Sensor. Def interested to see what prob is..

:welcome: to the org firstly. Second, wow thats a bummer. That sounds crazy. You might need to get it hooked up with the proper equipment, check TPS, Coolant Temp Sensor, Crank Sensor. Def interested to see what prob is..

Thanks for the tip brother,Ive checked the tps,injectors,fuel filter,changed the pump,checked the main relay,tip over sensor,side stand sensor,battery,stator,gear position sensor and gone through all the wiring.still no change.I havent checked the crank sensor or coolant tem sensor which i will definetly do first thing tommorow when i get hm.Again thanks for the tip and Ill post the result tommorow.Take it easy

Thanks for the tip brother,Ive checked the tps,injectors,fuel filter,changed the pump,checked the main relay,tip over sensor,side stand sensor,battery,stator,gear position sensor and gone through all the wiring.still no change.I havent checked the crank sensor or coolant tem sensor which i will definetly do first thing tommorow when i get hm.Again thanks for the tip and Ill post the result tommorow.Take it easy

:welcome:i went threw all the above to my problem was a lil diffrent. did u change the spark plugs? if u did that then it might be the same problem i have. the ECU. check that i bet thats what it is, have u ever jumped the bike off with a car? if so im sure its your ECU.. GOOD LUCK BRO.

Ive never jumped it myself but whos to say the previous owner didnt though..Ill definetly look into that.Thanks

have you pulled the plugs to see if there fouled?

Got it running last nite!YAAAYYY!It was the wiring from the pump to the ecu.when the pump fried it fried the pigtail on the plug for the pump.Couldnt see it untill I pulled it apart and saw the connections.No more problems.Thanks for all the advice guys!goin riding:thumbsup:

Back