Busa powered Funny car

Engine at wide open throttle 8000 plus sounds great may be a little lean. Ordered new plugs be here tomorrow. Here is the problem as long as you ease into the throttle will rev to red line. if you dump it below 8000 it will bog down and almost stop running until the rpm falls ,at 8000 hit wide open throttle it will bang the rev limiter.
Got to get this car on the track only have 10 passes. I have lied so much about how fast this car is i may have John Force worried. He did sign my Spill Plate.

no load no map sensor worky.
fatten the heck out of the 60% and see what happens.
remember do big jumps like 10's (+ or -) that way you should see a change. but with a load control I can tune by ear.

ok fattened up 60% by 60% car is running better should i go higher on the 60%? New plugs installed also did the marbel in the hose PAR mod.

Question the engine sounds like it has a miss , checked plugs all are fireing. would i not get a FI light
mad.gif
if there were a problem.I am not showing a FI light?

Attachments

• EasyShare
    172 KB · Views: 224
Here is the problem .I am having this problem only in neutral or first gear when i am staging the car. Johnny Cheese has got me close on my tuneup to get me going.Plugs are very light grey.Now this is under a no load condition. Question my MPS auto shifter wires should be hooked to the Multi colored wires which is ground am i right on that?

(respivey @ May 28 2007,19:41) Here is the problem .I am having this problem only in neutral or  first gear when i am staging the car. Johnny Cheese has got me close on my tuneup to get me going.Plugs are very light grey.Now this is under a no load condition. Question my MPS auto shifter wires should be hooked to the Multi colored wires which is ground am i right on that?
give me a call I am leaving for maryland in about an hour

May have found some of my problem. I checked the wireing on the coils were i hooked up the MPS auto shift wires.I used shrink wrap on all of the splices after i soldered them. I missed one and the wires were not makeing a good contact. Redid the wire I think maybe that was it only had time to run the motor for a couple of minutes but sounded much better. If that cured my problem all we need is a good tuneup. Thanks for all the help it has been a group effort. Johnny Cheese let me know when you make it back Thanks Spivey Racing.

Back