Pic 6 of 12

6.jpg

Pic 8 of 12

As mentioned above, the red line was made on my computer to outline the speaker

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082077230 -->

8.jpg

Pic 9 of 12

The hole in the front on the bottom is where I have placed the mic I will be using for my cell phone.

And that is duct tape running around the bottom. I used it to tape the wires in place in the front of the helmet.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082078461 -->

9.jpg

Last but not least pic 12 of 12.

Let me know what you all think..

You all can post now.. I am done with the uploads
biggrin.gif

12.jpg

Bruh, you should start your own business of speaker/mp3/am/fm
tuner helmet installation. I'd never have the guts to dissassemble
my helmet like that. I'd end up on denniskirk or dmtaonline.com
trying to get another helmet shipped over night. Nice pics and walk
though Thrasher.

Ok, finished it up, mounted the jack underneath after I properly soldered the connection, here are three more pics

Jack is pointed to with red arrow

13.jpg

All is needed is a male to male stereo cord like this

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082092612 -->

14.jpg

And one last pic, this is my helmet with jack, AM/FM/CD Player from above, and my wrist watch MP3 player. pretty cool little device, wear it on the wrist, it is a watch AND MP3 player, run the cord up my arm inside of my jacket and plug it into my helmet.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082092178 -->

16.jpg

tuner helmet installation.  I'd never have the guts to dissassemble
my helmet like that.  I'd end up on denniskirk or dmtaonline.com
trying to get another helmet shipped over night.  Nice pics and walk
though Thrasher.
Thanks BogDawg -

Actually it is not that bad once you get into it. Just one of those things that as long as you take your time and dont rush it, things work out fine...

I sent you an email btw - check it when you have a chance...

Ron

damn !!!! thanks thrash i have to do that to my helmet now lol go to a must have now !!! but one question does it in anyway mess with the structual integrity of the helmet in anyway?
bowdown.gif

damn !!!! thanks thrash i have to do that to my helmet now  lol go to a must have now   !!! but one question does it in anyway mess with the structual integrity of the helmet in anyway?    
bowdown.gif
to my knowledge I would say no. And as far as I am concerned I feel comfortable. however if you are concerned I would recommend contacting the manufacture of you helmet.

From what I know about helmets, there is an inner core within the helmet itself that takes the shock of a large impact. Which any decent impact destroys it.

The foam does serve a purpose as additional Cushing in the event of an accident but I feel the small amount that is sacrificed for placement of the speakers will not produce negative results in the functionality of the helmet. But again it would be best to check with the manufacturer

Thrasherfox,

It looks like you placed the earphones around the back of the jaw line instead of right where the ears set... (good idea!) On my Arai helmet, those pads are fully replaceable. So if I screwed it up, I could buy a new insert...

Thrasher, Please confirm that your earphones sit in front of the ears or am I mistaken? If not, I wonder if this would work?

Cloud

tuner helmet installation.  I'd never have the guts to dissassemble
my helmet like that.  I'd end up on denniskirk or dmtaonline.com
trying to get another helmet shipped over night.  Nice pics and walk
though Thrasher.
Thanks BogDawg -

Actually it is not that bad once you get into it. Just one of those things that as long as you take your time and dont rush it, things work out fine...

I sent you an email btw - check it when you have a chance...

Ron
You're welcome and you've inspired me to get into helmet electrician business LOL. I'll check that email too.

God bless,
BD

Thrasherfox,

It looks like you placed the earphones around the back of the jaw line instead of right where the ears set... (good idea!) On my Arai helmet, those pads are fully replaceable. So if I screwed it up, I could buy a new insert...

Thrasher, Please confirm that your earphones sit in front of the ears or am I mistaken? If not, I wonder if this would work?

Cloud
Cloud –

With my SHOEI helmet, where the ears are, there was already “cupsâ€￾ for lack of a beter word. Basically a cavity for your ears to fit into for comfort. So I placed the speakers exactly where my ears are. But because of the width of the speakers I had to cut more depth to make the speakers fit.

Also need to mention, the speakers I used are your regular headset speakers, I just cut the head strap off of them. And they are KOSS speakers. So they are good quality.

So when the helmet is on my head, the speakers touch, but do not apply any amount of pressure to my ears that would cause any discomfort.

The end result, the helmet feels just like it does with out the speakers, there is no noticeable difference in feel, nor is there any noticeable difference with regards to higher noise levels when I do not have any sounds playing. Cant even tell the speakers are there.

I even showed the helmet to a friend of mine who works for the CHP. He had to look hard for the speakers (I handed him the helmet and I told him I had stereo speakers in it, he looked at it and said “where?â€￾)

Hope this description helps.

If not and you need a better visual I can probably put the liner in place on my head where it normally sits with a speaker removed so you can see the placement of my ear through the hole. But as I said. Where you see the holes in the pictures where the speakers go, that is where my ears are.

Ron

banner_Ron.jpg

I actually did the same thing with my snowboard helmet......bought some sony's......took the speakers out of the rig and mounted them in the helmet. Then mounted the mp3 player inside the helmet too. (it was a really small one) Don't know if I would want to do the same cutting on my shoei, but maybe running it with a jack like you did would be the best......or just velcro it to the back of the helmet. Great Idea...........thanks for the pics......that really helps!!!!

Thanks Thrash... I will just try to mount them where the ears are then. If I don't I am probably going to get a muffled sound.

Back