Kanji Mirror Mod

Dude you cant even imagine our busy we've been since we moved in last January . We just made 100 g over what we did last March , just thru the Service dept

Anyone paint the mirrors to match your bike on here. I have an 04 Red SE Busa. Love the matched paint with the chrome Busa Emblem. Let me know if any of you guys paint them, and how much. Later

Anyone paint the mirrors to match your bike on here. I have an 04 Red SE Busa. Love the matched paint with the chrome Busa Emblem. Let me know if any of you guys paint them, and how much. Later
Gix1300 paints them. He will add the kanji if you want. PM him.

Mirrors.jpg__small_.jpg

Got them for my busa getting painted now had them for some time to bad my damn bikes down in the painters
sad.gif

CycleEric,

I'm gonna have to head your way sometime soon. I saw Killer 'B' at the Harley Convention earlier this year. That is one Bad Azz Ride! You guys still have 'er? I'd sell my first born for that sucker! Too bad I don't have one yet. Dammit! If its not one thing its another.

Later!
RazoRRBlade

Thinker62,

Hey man, what are all those goodies that you have on your ride? Is that GPS coming off your triple tree? And what is that "Shiny sliver/pink snakeskin-like circle" on your right custom inner? Truly one magical ride!

Later!
RazoRRBlade

Thinker62,

Hey man, what are all those goodies that you have on your ride? Is that GPS coming off your triple tree? And what is that "Shiny sliver/pink snakeskin-like circle" on your right custom inner? Truly one magical ride!

Later!
RazoRRBlade
White box is I-Pod and red circles are mesh over 4" speakers....thats right a stereo. i guess you missed that thread.

Quick and dirty:
I-Pod
2 4" speakers in the front
6" sub woofer in the Hump
200 watt amp under hum or rear seat.

Must be heard to be believed. Many heard it at Laguna with only a 40 watt amp and no sub. It sounds like a freak'n car now. ...truly unique. It is my most favorite mod...the mirrors are number 2.

G

Damn! That is da bomb! I think its my favorite mod too! I'll have to search for the thread.

I was thinking about getting one of those magnetic marine stereos but your setup blows it out of the water (no pun intended).

My only problem is that I have my compressor for the FIAMM air horn mod in the same location as your 4". I would have to do a little reshuffle! I'd love to hear it! That IS a great mod!

RazoRRBlade

About the mirrors...any worry about the paint chipping inside the mirror since it's been scraped? Anyone had these for a while to find out?

Just curious...I really like them...
cool.gif

damn now I see this post
mad.gif
this would have been great to get done when the weather was shitty outside .. now it's riding time
cool.gif

Kind of hoping for an answer here...
smile.gif

Friendly  
bump.gif
Razor needs to answer this one but there isn't any paint on the inside to chip, so I am a little confused.

With regard to the mirror itself, once the image has been etched, I do not see why anymore would chip.

Even if something wer to chip inside the mirror, why would that even be an issue.?

Kind of hoping for an answer here...
smile.gif

Friendly  
bump.gif
Razor needs to answer this one but there isn't any paint on the inside to chip, so I am a little confused.

With regard to the mirror itself, once the image has been etched, I do not see why anymore would chip.

Even if something wer to chip inside the mirror, why would that even be an issue.?
It's just me being a bit dumb Greg...I'm not sure how the mirrors are etched, but I'm wondering if once they are etched, is there any possibility of the surrounding "non-etched" area to flake off?

Kind of like any kind of paint...once you have a chip, the rest can begin to flake off around it with time...I've scratched the back of a mirror before; seemed easy enough to "chip" the mirroring off...

I might be completely misunderstanding how he does this mod to the mirrors though (or how mirrors are even made for that matter), and if so, then I'm the dummy I appear to be!
tounge.gif

Va Busa, Thinker,

The silver plating on the back side of the mirror is etched off but I have not experienced any chipping and don't believe that it would ever chip. It is not easy to scrap off and won't accidentally fall off; the clean sharp edges of the Kanji are a testament to this! I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other reservations, Va.

Regards,
RazoRRBlade

Va Busa, Thinker,

The silver plating on the back side of the mirror is etched off but I have not experienced any chipping and don't believe that it would ever chip. It is not easy to scrap off and won't accidentally fall off; the clean sharp edges of the Kanji are a testament to this! I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other reservations, Va.

Regards,
RazoRRBlade
Good deal Razor! Thanks for enlightening me...

Now, I need to start saving up some money!
smile.gif
I'm very interested in getting my mirrors done...

Back