Arai Helmet CheekPads

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I have an arai helmet and I am finally getting around to the helmet mod. (speakers
smile.gif
)

Do the cheekpads snap in a special way. I am gently tugging on them and they feel pretty stuck to the helmet. What gives in the back of there?

Cloud

for the cheek pads. Pull at the end of the pads where is meets with the center mouth vent. Just give them a tug. They will snap out

Always pull the front part out first. The rear part has a plastic piece that slides under the foam. Replace them by sliding the back part in first, and then clicking the front in.

Below, you can see my helmet speaker mod. I cut off Chatterbox speakers and soldered them to a standard 1/8" audio jack.

It's tricky but slick to run the audio jack out the back vent of the Aria helmet. You need to snake it through. I've done it several times and it's a pain but doable.

Then, I use a Chatterbox audio cord to run from the jack to an mp3/fm radio. This setup works way better than the Chatterbox if you're just going to listen to music. I have had great luck with the iRiver MP3 players with rechargable batteries. Rechargable is THE only way to go.

Arai_mp3.jpg

lets see the inside? how do the speakers fit in?
I'll round up a pic when I can but the Arai's make this very easy. Just pull back the removable cloth liner and expose the area by your ear. The pads have an open area where speakers fit right in. There's really nothing to it with the Arai's which is a main reason I went with them over some of the other top helmets. If you do solder up your own wiring harness be sure to solder it up parallel and not serial or it's going to be half as loud as it should. With this, I mean the + wires from both speakers should connect to the main + lead and the - wires from both speakers should connect to the - from the main lead. This would be as opposed to doing it in a big continuous loop.

For better base response, use J&M ported speakers or create your own porting.

Back