Arai helmets - source for good price?

spotrot

Registered
Some tracks say that they inspect riders’ helmets and they must be under 5 years old?
Do they really, i.e. has this happened to you?

Also, although I don’t want to start a different discussion about when a helmet should be replaced, I am curious if anyone has a link to a documented analysis that showed the safety of the helmet deteriorated in a significant way in a few years.

Back to Arai, my bean is narrow and long. So far, only Arai Profile fits me well. Ebay has many “newâ€￾ Arai helmets for a couple hundred less than list price, but when I ask when they were made, these discounted helmets are typically about 2 years old.

Anyone have info on where to get recently made Arai helmets at a good price?

Justin at Honda East Toledo probably has the best prices on Arai helmets. My local track day events do check age of helmets too.

Justin does have some very good prices. The thing about Arai is they have a minimum advertised price (MAP) rule. Some places will make much better deals than they are allowed to advertise. You just have to check around.

Check compact.com. They always have some on sale. I'm not sure how old they are but I saw an Arai Sinister for $299.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Unless someone has a closeout on an Arai in stock, I'm fairly certain I have the best price available for current model helmets. If you would like a price check on something, let me know.

Back