arai helmet

I had this happen to my signet. My mechanic that sold me the helmet fixed it. Turns out Arai had a bad batch of glue, so they shipped the new glue to dealers and our dealer rounded up like 50 guys at a time and did um all from the one batch of good glue.
try talkin to your dealer. Or Arai directly. they are great people.

Still the best damn helmets in the world!

ferrari  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Or Ducatis or Aprillias
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
A co-worker of mine bought his in for a 10,000 mile service at 9800 miles. They said they needed to keep it for 2 weeks to take care of a "coolant leak" and charge him about $980....

Another fellow co-worker (that rides a '05 busa) that rode him about a week before said the Aprillia sounded a bit "rough", V-Twin aside.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

For the moment, I'm very satisfied with my Arai, IF, some part of it falls off, I will return it for repair,I like customer service,especially if I've spent a fair amount of money,Arai is a big enough company, I dont think they will just say "fug him" to a genuine problem with one of their products.NJ.

For the moment, I'm very satisfied with my Arai, IF, some part of it falls off, I will return it for repair,I like customer service,especially if I've spent a fair amount of money,Arai is a big enough company, I dont think they will just say "fug him" to a genuine problem with one of their products.NJ.
Sorry dude, but if I spent that much $$$ on something, I won't expect it to fall apart or blow off because of the inferior glue that they've used. That's like picking up a Baume et Mercier watch and having the straps come undone because they used cheaper threads to get the leather band together. +1 point if they were cool enough to fix it ASAP, but -6 points for it happening in the first place.

If I paid the price for a Baume et Mercier watch, I expect a certain level of quality the first time around, not for them to fix it after the fact because they've used material that Fossil or Casio would use.

I love my Shoei, I'm sure I'll stick with them due to my helmet being able to withstand a wreck from a wheelie, an endo, and a pissed off girlfriend throwing it on the concrete.
Umm, are you saying you have crashed more than once in the same helmet and you're still wearing it?
Seriously replace that lid or at least get it x-rayed...
+3
Hell, I had a fairly slow speed get-off and my hjc is going in the dumpster. Nothing more than a little abrasion on the top.......but I'm not chancing it!
Just ordered a RF1000

So if say...I dont know...your shifter fell off...you'd be selling the bike? ;)

I've had the problem with the black strip on my RX7-RR4 its 5 years old...(and its replacement is my next purchase). I glued it back on and went about my business. Why? Because last time I was in a large dealership(on a trip and buddy was getting a tire replaced) and I had some time to kill I went through and tried on every helmet in the place... probably about 15 helmets (various models of shoei,HJC,AGV,Shuberth,blah, blah, blah)... They all felt like cheap $hit (and I was really surprised I felt that way about the Shoei).
I thought it might have been just that my Arai was broken in so at the next dealer I tried on another Arai and guess what...comfortable as hell. Sorry, but Arai is the crack cocaine of helmets...I'm not changing ever.

Arai customer service "Top of the line"; I called and explaned the problem they got the parts out same day no charge. they asked if i would like to send them helmet for inspection but i told them i could install parts they were very nice and helpfull
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|race1gun
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119658056 -->

So if say...I dont know...your shifter fell off...you'd be selling the bike? ;)

I've had the problem with the black strip on my RX7-RR4 its 5 years old...(and its replacement is my next purchase). I glued it back on and went about my business. Why? Because last time I was in a large dealership(on a trip and buddy was getting a tire replaced) and I had some time to kill I went through and tried on every helmet in the place... probably about 15 helmets (various models of shoei,HJC,AGV,Shuberth,blah, blah, blah)... They all felt like cheap $hit (and I was really surprised I felt that way about the Shoei).
  I thought it might have been just that my Arai was broken in so at the next dealer I tried on another Arai and guess what...comfortable as hell. Sorry, but Arai is the crack cocaine of helmets...I'm not changing ever.
And how much did Arai pay you for fixing their defective workmanship?

Make sure you buy extra glue for your next one.
smile.gif

The front vent on my Arai Quantum/F fell off while I was adjusting it one day, so I duct taped the hole. I've used that helmet for about 90,000 miles now so it's due for a replacement. It's a good helmet, but I think the shield attachment system totally blows. Shoei has a better easier to use system. I'm hoping they didn't change the Quantum/2 too much.

And how much did Arai pay you for fixing their defective workmanship?

Make sure you buy extra glue for your next one.  
smile.gif
Damn, I forgot to invoice them...How much should I bill for 3 minutes? I know at work I'd just round up to the quater hour and it would cost them ~ $50
biggrin.gif

I'll be sure to keep the .30 cents worth of glue stocked for my next one, when I need it in another 5 years. Damn these $hitty Arai's.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

You guys are funny...

Don't be mad cuz Arai IS the best. Just because one defect happens on one helment doesn't mean the whole lot is bad.

All you shoei owners I'm happy for you. Don't go break in an Arai tho, cuz you WILL change your mind. I was die hard shoei for years, it only took one Arai and I made the jump.

Good to hear they have great customer service also.

Back