My next helmet...

FJRider

Registered
I currently own a Arai Signet GTR black & silver helmet, which I bought about the time I bought up my '05. Unfortunately I was in a hurry and the dealership didn't have much of a selection, so my Arai isn't a very good match to my '05 Blue & Silver Busa.

Since then I've ordered a matching Shoei RF-900 Hayabusa helmet, although its been on order now for several months and I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever show up. Assuming it doesn't show up by December I'll be cancelling the order and will be in the market for a new helmet. Ideally I'd like to find a helmet that provides good (wide) visability, and can minimize the wind noise. I'm open to any manufacturer. Any suggestions?

(In case anyone is interested, my black & silver Arai GTR (XL) will be up for sale once I find a replacement. It's in excellent condition, 5 months old, clear & dark shield & extra cheek pads included).

What color is your bike?
wink.gif

I love my RF 1000. Great fit (for my mellon), much quieter than the ole HJC, and good visibility.

Can't complain about my RF900. Fits well, no vibration and not too much wind noise.

I love my new Scorpion EXO 700...excellent quality and a remarkably well engineered visor system...no fog/scratch resistant visor, Kwickwick removable/mach. washable  liners....great periphial viewing range...wind-tunnel designed to minimize drag and "lift"....and an "easy as pie" 10 second faceshield swap-out...I usta like arai and shoei.....and here I was thinking that I was just gonna spring for a cheap 2nd beater helmet (to wear to work) so I don't scratch up my Official Matching Silver/Graphite Suzuki/Hayabusa Shoei RF900 helmet and...

$199's later?...I Loved The Scorpion EXO 700.......more.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131834216 -->

Go with what fits your melon the best. I happen to be an Arai fan but my old signet which fits me superbly is on the verge of needing a relacement but the new Signet GTR doesn't fit me nearly as well. No question that Arais quality is top shelf but the shape change isn't working for me. I may have to look at a Shoei or a Suomy for my next one. Try em before you buy em.

I own both the Aria and the Shoei and personally I think the Aria fits better and is less noisy...just my two cents worth

I just bought a HJC Kast (eye glass friendly) helmet. Fits like a glove, light weight and "light" price. absolutely loving it!!

I got the Icon maniac but not real happy with the fit so I'll be selling it ASAP and probably going with another HJC . Good helmets for the money . I would get another Arai but my girl wants a new lid too and I can get 2 HJC's for the price of an Arai

yeah Im am not a fan of HJC helmets anymore because I lost sooooooo many visors in a months time and almost lost my chrome one and will soon I bet. just the design of the locking sheilds at least on the C models are not good for me. I wish I had the Icon Maniac I never even got to put my head in it lol but I wanted it new when I sold it. I needed the money and helped out another member also so that was good.

05 Blue/Silver here... I wear the Arai Quantam Tribal (Blue)... really dig it. It's light, low to no wind noise, and matches the bike & my personality very well IMO. Very good range of view. Insides come out easily to be washed. Super simple visor swapping (takes maybe 30 seconds to go from clear to mirror for night/day riding). All in all GREAT helmet.

Not a single complaint.

Back