hello to all

patton37

Registered
Hey guys,
well I took the plunge and bought a 2008 Blk/orange. I will be picking it up thursday and have a few questions.
I have read all about the break in process and everyone has a different theory, but my experience is baby it for a few 100 miles then beat the piss out of her and if is going to break it will in the beginning. Any thoughts??? That being said by doing this you deviate from Suzuki's policy and if something does break is there any way they can tell you did not follow their break in procedure?

Also I'm looking to put a set of 2 bros V.A.L.E. slipons in place of the cans that some designer who was smoking crack put on the bike. Do I have to mod any other part of the exhaust by doing this?

Oh's my name is Steven just got back from Iraq 1 year ago and I live on Cape Cod Massachusetts,,, BTW paid 10,350 OTD.

Hey There and a BIG :welcome: TO YOU SIR! :beerchug: As Far as breaking your new baby in(glad to see you bought the "FASTEST COLOR":laugh:), Your right....you will get a hundred different answers! Just do what you already mentioned above :thumbsup: . I started dragracing mine at 37miles! Do the first service on time(i did mine right @ 250miles) and you'll be rock'en :super: As far as SUZUKI knowing if you went over the recommended RPM'S..........I doubt it! If you ever have any problems and need to get warranty work done just unhook the battery for a while to clear the ECM. I wouldnt worrie about it though :dunno: !
You shouldn't have to do anything else to the bike for slip on's, Except "Pair block off Mod"(REAL EASY)

BTW, :welcome: HOME HERO :bowdown: :usa: and most of all HAVE FUN & BE SAFE ON YOUR NEW BEAST :banana:

I don't think the computer has any memory that tells the dealer the max rpm or speed that you've done but don't quote me on that. Pair valve mod isn't necessarily needed for your slipons but you might want to do it if it pops a little out the exhaust and that bothers you. It doesn't hurt anything and it's not bad for the bike.:thumbsup:

:welcome: to the Orange/Black family bro... :thumbsup:

Break-in procedure differs from rider to rider (each with their own arguments)... I followed the manual just to be on the safe side (kept it under 5500 rpms until the first oil change).. not saying that's the right or only way, but that's just the way I decided to go.

Sienna with 2 bros - resize.jpg

Last edited:
R77 SS slip on, one hour to install, ask Mr. Biscuit and Racer V about the sound.
I made a long trip and it was never too loud.

:welcome:

gapsept27.png

Back