Hello to all

patton37

Registered
Hey guys,
well I took the plunge and bought a 2008 Blk/orange. I will be picking it up thursday and have a few questions.
I have read all about the break in process and everyone has a different theory, but my experience is baby it for a few 100 miles then beat the piss out of her and if is going to break it will in the beginning. Any thoughts That being said by doing this you deviate from Suzuki's policy and if something does break is there any way they can tell you did not follow their break in procedure?

Also I'm looking to put a set of 2 bros V.A.L.E. slipons in place of the cans that some designer who was smoking crack put on the bike. Do I have to mod any other part of the exhaust by doing this?

Oh's my name is Steven just got back from Iraq 1 year ago and I live on Cape Cod Massachusetts,,, BTW paid 10,350 OTD.
Edit/Delete Message

Congrats! For break in, I just worry about not holding the rpm's stready for a extended period of time. Adjust the chain and chain the oil after 400-500 miles and you should be good. BE VERY CAUTIOUS ON THAT NEW TIRE, IT IS NO JOKE! :beerchug:

What about the new tires??

It will be like riding on ice. Don't lean too far and don't accelerate or brake too hard for about 200 miles. I personally always do a little burnout just to scuff them up, but you can take sand paper to them also.

Example:

Example:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rog on the scuffing,, After the scuffing should I worry about the stock tires, I ride lets say aggressively sometimes. :thumbsup:

Rog on the scuffing,, After the scuffing should I worry about the stock tires, I ride lets say aggressively sometimes. :thumbsup:

Stock tires are ok. I would swap them out to either some pilot powers or dunlop qualifiers after they wear out. The tires will spin on dry pavement even after being scuffed up. Be easy on the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear until you get the feal of the bike.

Another thing to keep in mind about the Busa is to keep an eye on your speed-o when you start getting into it. You will find yourself in the high triple digits before you know it, and an inexperienced rider can get over his head quick. Be smart & wear the gear too. Congratulations & have fun! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club!!!

Congrats on a spectacular purchase...

Ride safe, ride sane, don't scratch the paint...stick around awhile.

Thanks for everyone getting back to me.

I have been riding all my life, am 38 and have outgrown the crazy phase. My wife will be on the bike with me more than I will be on it myself.

I just sold my VFR 800 to buy the K8 and I will def respect the bike's reputation.

So, when I put on the slipons do I have to mod the rest of the exhaust IE pair valve ect? Also,, can anyone give some feedback on the K8's brakes?? Are the good enough or should I look to upgrade them. With the extra weight of two riders this is a concern to me. Where I live it is somewhat crowed on the roads so braking is a concern to me.

Thanks

:welcome: be safe and enjoy. I always pretty much follow the manufacturers recommendations and vary the RPMs as much as possible at first.

Back