Votes: 141 96.6%
  • Reaper Risers

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
I think I'm needing to raise my bars up about an inch. My back is complaining about the Busa lately, and I just can't have that.

So which is better, the Heli bars or Reaper Risers?

From what I'm reading, I don't need longer cables for either, is that correct? (I'm only going up an inch).

And does either affect the handling, especially in corners?

If you don’t want to lower the front, I’d suggest the Heli bars. They are a bit more $$ but look so much better. Stock cables will work with both but you will need to reroute one at the front of the tank.
Neither will affect the handling much if you do not lower the front. The only impact on handling will be the slight less weight on the front tire.

I see in your signature that it is lowered 1â€￾. If you only lowered the rear, that had more impact on the handling in the corners than lowering the front will.

I’ll send you a PM with something you may want to try.

No problems with install using the Heli-Bar setup. This mod along with a Tobin seat worked well for me.

Some members have used both.

Just re-route the cable as shown in picture. Great mod. In fact it was the first mod I did.

runeight...

117_1797_r1.jpg

I have both heli's and reapers. I have the 3/4 reapers and i dont have any issues with cables. I am a short guy at not even 5'7" so this set up works great for me. In the future i'm going to buy a tobin and raise the back end up cause my turn in on the twisties isnt the greatest right now. After i installed the helis and reapers, it was a night and day difference for me. I can take pictures if you like. Let me know!
beerchug.gif

i use both the genmar and the heli. it is a good combo for me. if i was to choose just one it would be the heli bars.

I have 1 " reapers on my 03, i would like to add the Helibars , any issues with this.Will i need to change anything..???

The fast idle cable has been rerouted .

(Professor @ Dec. 20 2006,08:47) If you don’t want to lower the front, I’d suggest the Heli bars. They are a bit more $$ but look so much better. Stock cables will work with both but you will need to reroute one at the front of the tank.
Neither will affect the handling much if you do not lower the front. The only impact on handling will be the slight less weight on the front tire.

I see in your signature that it is lowered 1â€￾. If you only lowered the rear, that had more impact on the handling in the corners than lowering the front will.

I’ll send you a PM with something you may want to try.
I'm going to try the reapers soon. Do I have to lower the front? I want to leave the front stock height and raise the rear and inch. Can I do this with the reapers?

I machined my own risers. 1 1/4" - no cable problems and nothing re-routed. I did not lower the front any. If you don't lower and use the reaper riser you will have a gap between the top clamp and the triple tree. I ran like this a while and then machined some tubes to cover this area seen here.........................

post_11_13974_DSC00597.jpg

i had the heli bars for a couple months. not  for me , they would cause my hands to hurt it put the weight on the outer part of my hands, and the angle was diffrent than stock, i did not keep them.
i ennded up comeing up with this 2-1/8"  steel spacers and # 8 bolts.
i love it very comfortable for long rides.
i had to trim the wind screen and longer brake & clutch lines.
cost 15$ comfortable all day pricless

DSCF1693.JPG

this is the veiw when on the bike. nobody notices the diff untill they sit on it

DSCF1699__Large_.JPG

Reapers are great and inexpensive . They look great and take a few minutes to install.  
super.gif

nf.JPG

You can't really see them in any shot I have but here's a sht of it lowered

sdgsz.JPG

Wow, 50/50 split...
But to make my decision easier, the Professor mailed me a set of Helibars and the Genmar risers to try out. I don't like the look of the helibars, it looks like it puts your hands at more of an angle to the bike, which seems uncomfortable.

I'm going to try the Genmars and see how that feels.

to be continued.........
lurk.gif

Back