Heli bars & reaper risers

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
I'm getting ready to install Heli bars on the bike but i'd like to lower the front end a tad with some reaper risers possibly. I'm looking to go no more than 1" for the risers to drop the nose. Anyone out there using both or something similar. I saw somewhere that both could be used without buying new cables for the throttle and fastidle but i'd like to hear some first hand accounts before i buy risers and find out I need to buy new cables. Any inputs/suggestions are apprecitated!

Yo Tsgt, go you you local nut and bolt distributor and get a longer set of bolt and nutz with the same tensil strength along with some washer.   Stack a couple washers together til you get your desired height, measure and tape them together using black electrical tape or conseal using black paint.  I would recommend you stay with in  1.25" and dont stack any higher than that or you will be bottom out your shid and increase the chance of a tank slapper.  Once you have the  stock handle clamp reinstalled raise your forks up until it hits the tripple tree. Thats it, now you dont have to worry about your forks being off because the forks will be butted up against the top clamp evenly.

Just to eas your mind, I've done this with both of my Busa's with no ill effect in handling or safety.

Save yourself a dollar or two !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141849561 -->

I have HeliBars and a 3/4" Genmar riser on mine and the cables and wiring j-u-s-t make it without more than relocating the fast idle cable from one side of the steering head to the other.

Ed

I have HeliBars and a 3/4" Genmar riser on mine and the cables and wiring j-u-s-t make it without more than relocating the fast idle cable from one side of the steering head to the other.

Ed
Thatz funny, I have no issues with my stock tripple tree while going up 1.25".

Ed
Thanks for the info Rhythm! but do you have helibars and your "washer" mod as well? I'm thinking that helibars and risers/washers wont work with a 1" drop in the front unless i get some new cables. Edc says his fast idle cable is barely making it with a 3/4 genmar riser so my 1" risers and helibars sounds like a no go...

Ed
Thanks for the info Rhythm! but do you have helibars and your "washer" mod as well?  I'm thinking that helibars and risers/washers wont work with a 1" drop in the front unless i get some new cables.  Edc says his fast idle cable is barely making it with a 3/4 genmar riser so my 1" risers and helibars sounds like a no go...
I'm using my stock clamp ! I have no ideal what a Genmar riser look like.

Let me clarify something. You might be able to use the stock cables, etc. with HeliBars AND a 1" riser, but I like to have a little slack. If you're happy with taunt wirng and cables, it'll likely work for you.

Ed

i have heli bars and 1 " reaper risers.every thing is good with cables. but i had to trim the zg double bouble back some.the res on both the clutch and front brake were hitting it.otherwise averycompy mod !!!

i have heli bars and 1 " reaper risers.every thing is good with cables. but i had to trim the zg double bouble back some.the res on both the clutch and front brake were hitting it.otherwise averycompy mod !!!
Cool thanks for the input Rob... got any pics of your set up?? I'd like to see so i can make up my mind on the risers or not.

i could take pics. but would have to email them to you .as i dont know how to post them on the board .

Back