Heli bars

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Hello here is anoter for you.. Has anyone ever used the genmar and the heli bar together ? and if so Im sure the throttle and fast idle cables would have to be replaced ,What about the windscreen ...?What is your opinion on this ,how do you like them and is a huge job to this mod.

Thanks

i've heard of people going with 3/4 inch risers of what ever brand and heli bars. If you go with anything more than 3/4 inch risers you will have to buy new cables because they wont be long enough when you turn the bars full left or right. I have helibars on now and i'm contemplating going 3/4 or 1" reaper risers. The windscreen will be an issue if its stock because your resivors will hit it. I have a after market screen and my clearance is fine now but i think it will be close if I put risers on. There are some members here that have both installed. I asked this question and they sent me pictures so i could see their set up.

Thanks for your reply , I have 1 1/4 genmar and the after market screen is close also .I dont think you could add the Heli bars ( 1 5/8 ) without not cutting the windscreen ,and defintly replacing the cables .
rock.gif

My girlfriends Busa has a 1.25 Genmar and Heli's. The cables are fine with re-routing but the windscreen will have to be trimmed. It still hits the fairing with the lever pivots at full lock but not enough to hurt anything. I have Heli's on mine and I'm thinking of adding a 3/4 Genmar and it should clear everything except maybe the stock windscreen. I have a double bubble that I haven't installed yet that will clear I'm hoping.

Cables are fine with a simple re-route. It is the Hydraulic lines you have to be careful with. I had a set made +1.5" and this seems about perfect.
If in doubt put your bike up on a stem stand or Jack to take all of the weight off of the front end to simulate a Wheelie/or maximum wheel travel on the road. If the brake lines are impeding the travel at all you have a dangerous situation at hand and could rupture a line.

Yes you will want to trim the shield. Mine is tight but clears after some not so minor re-radiusing of the shield.

how do you like the 2 together (1 1/4" genmar and 1 5/8" heli bars).It would have to be more comfortable.

hi i have 3/4 reapers and heli bars added longer brake and clutch lines,re routed the fast idle. i went with longer hoses due to when you weelie the hoses might be streched. just my 2.5 cents

Like a caddilac... You need to notch the windshield and take some time adjusting everything but it will certainly work.

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148348227 -->

Cockpit_small.JPG

Zero Gravity shield. 1.25 Riser and this is the MAX I think you can do because those suckers barely fit (did some minor lever adjustment/etc) when your at full lock(although the only time you notice is turning around).

Also, I have gaffler lines on it, I'm not sure if stock lines were fine or not because I bought the bike "Used" (2K miles) with everything (shield,risers,helibars, and lines) already on it(and then fixed the $hitty dealer install).

It takes a little playing to get all the lines/etc adjusted correctly but its pretty damn comforatble once its all fit properly.

The brake lines are a no brainer. The throttle and fast idle are really simple to deal with. Trimming the shield is probably the toughest part of the whole job to get right. tape it off, cut it and sand the edges smooth.

DSCN0002.JPG

Back