HD owners

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
To the HD owners on here. Does anyone have a Street Glide?

If so, post some pics.

here are a few.. 2009 Street Glide

harley1.jpg

My Dad has a Street Glide...he's since added some blue pin-striping and Air Force emblems (he was in Vietnam)...he loves it...

sm_IMG_1213.JPG

sm_IMG_1218.JPG

sm_IMG_1209.jpg

I had an 07 Street Glide before I moved to Vegas and bought another Hayabusa. I plan on buying another Street Glide next year now that they added a bigger gas tank, ABS, and cruise control. Also, my mom has an 07 Street Glide and loves it. :thumbsup:

StreetGlide0701.jpg

StreetGlide0702.jpg

StreetGlide0703.jpg

Last edited:
So much money for so little return.

How do you justify that statement?

My Harley is 1000 times more comfortable for me to ride. As a matter of fact I may not be able to ride anything but my Harley next year because of a medical condition. So to me it is not much money for the return.

Why should I pay $13,500 for a Busa and not be able to do anything but look at it and polish it when I could pay $20,000 for a Bike that I could ride and take a vacation on. In my case the Busa is a waste of money for the return. True my Harley will not be breaking any speed records, but it is going ot get me down the road and in to the open air which my Busa wont be able to do.

I am not nailing you to the cross, just trying to open your mind to something other than just speed and Harley bashing. So please do not take this in the wrong context, just point out one way that a Harley would be a better way of spending your dollar.

compared to a goldwing or even the new polaris bagger, I dont see the point... not harley bashing..just to each his own i guess.. I will NEVER get it though..

compared to a goldwing or even the new polaris bagger, I dont see the point... not harley bashing..just to each his own i guess.. I will NEVER get it though..
I have ridden the Polaris, as a matter of fact that is the bike that broke my Ex-Fiance's foot. So she would never ride it again or even get near again. So another waste of money.

And yes the Goldwing is a nice bike and I would ride it, But price it out and for $1000 more give me an Union built American bike.

Some of us older gents have a soft spot in our hearts for the look and sound of a Harley. Which I for one grew up on. I love my busa and my harleys. The "it" to get, is what u like and enjoy. Not the whole RUB, show off, bad boy attitude hoopla.

I get it and I think Harleys are great bikes. Yes I use to own one. And yes they do cost alot, good thing is that they retain resale value and there is a wide market for used Harleys.

I'm getting a Street Glide. It's not that I'm trying to slow down or anything, it's that I've owned 3-4Busa's in the last 5 yrs and just want a change. Still like the Busa, I'm just ready for something different and I've always liked the Street Glide. Plus all I seem to ride with is HD guys and I want to find out what the HD thing is all about.

So as it sits I'm doing the unthinkable and selling my turbo Busa so I can buy my friends fully done up cobalt blue SG. The plan is to get the glide and then after a little while start pieceing together another Gen1. So I'm not going anywhere. Hell, maybe I'll stuff a Busa in the HD if I get bored.. :laugh:

Last edited:
Comfort varies so much, pays to stay in shape. Can't miss w/HD. But I find Bandit 1200
Warrior 1700 & Busa. Comfortable enough, but then I'm a demented perv.

Back