How many of you Own a Harley and a Busa?

icehead

Registered
I'm thinking about getting a Harley Bagger Or Heritage Softtail to go with my Busa. Just wanted to hear from from guys who have ridden both or Own both. I'm a Young guy, but HD Road Glide is calling my name.

I have both a 2005 Busa and 2002 ElectraGlide Classic. I love the Harley but lately I've been thinking about a Goldwing.. I usually only take the Harley on long trips and two up with the wife. The Air Cooled engine definately has issues in traffic and fully loaded you can feel the lack of power. I definately would not buy a bagger for around town riding. The Roadglide does not have a tour pak if your planning on trips go with the Classis because your going to end up putting more money in the RoadGlide to make it a touring bike. If around town is your thing take a look at the Road King or Heritage.

No harley but I have a VTX.I was following 2 Goldwings friday [they were 2 up]one was a trike.I was dragging the running boards and barely keeping up,while watching them cruise very peaceful like.Look into the Wing the ultimate touring machine.

I've got both, a 2007 turbo busa and a 2007 streetglide with a 103 motor.
2 totally different bike but I love them both. they each have there job to do and they do them well.

I've got the Ultra Classic Electra Glide. I like it for the long rides. I don't mean leave in the morning and come home the same day. I mean packing up the bike and coming home a week or two later. Mine's been to Toronto Ontario in Canada, to Key West in Florida, and then back home with no issues. Of course it doesn't have the HP and speed of a busa, if it did there wouldn't be a need to buy a busa. I bought a Harley bagger when I was 26, yeah I was the youngest guy on a bagger around here I think. It's good to have both IMO. You'll find that there are some haters on both Harleys and sportbikes. Don't give a crap about what they say. Get whatever you want and enjoy it.

Road King 99 and a Busa 08
Work bikes are Electra Glide 07 and Busa 06

A Harley purchase depends on what you want to do with it.
Are you taking a passenger? Is it to belong to the other HOG club?

There are many reasons to buy a Harley, there are so many choices.
I like the HD cause it is a HD and there is something about them you can't really explain to someone who has never owned one.
I was a HD basher many years ago, until I started riding one at work.
The company has turned around and makes a very good motorcycle now and there customer service I received could not be matched by any other make.
If you are taking the wife for long trips, get the Road Glide or an Ultra Classic.
If I was getting another HD, the Road Glide would probably be my Choice.
We tour on the Road King without any trouble, just had to add a tourpack.

Good Luck not an easy choice to make.

94 Heritage Softail (Nostalgia); and a 07 Busa...best of both worlds. I usually ride solo.

I'm thinking about getting one to ride back and forth to work. About 40 miles each way. Weekend cruising alone and with the wife. I love the look of the Street Glide and the Heritage Softail Classic when fixed up. The Busa....is well, a Busa. Nothing like it, but the HD is starting to peak my curiosity.

Flrider is my screen name. And is because I ride a HD bagger as well as the busa. Have had HD's for many years and would never bad mouth them or the folks I ride with on it. I love riding the busa also and enjoy being with my sportbike riding friends. Variety is the spice of life as the saying goes. :thumbsup:

I have a '07 busa, and have just ridden a friends Softail Deluxe the other day, loved it very very much its a cruiser with a very nice sound and looks. The busa felt very light and small after that though :thumbsup:

i have an 03 ultra classic with full HD side car. i used to ride it all the time when i got it especially long hauls so i could take my dog with me, but now its mommas grocery getter, she rides it way more than me, even with the 107inch stroker its just not as much fun. ironically i grew up with old school 1% bikers and was a sworn loyal to HD by age 11 when i got a 72 HD 250 dirt bike. ive ridden everything they have built from pans, shovels, evos and twins, even a vrod (lol why did they build them lol) anyway the funny thing i noticed since riding the BUSA harley guys dont wave to ya anymore if your not on a harley. lmao

I own this, but there is nothing "Harley" about it.

DSC00001.jpg

I have my '07 Busa, last bike was an '02 Softail Standard, tricked out and full of go-fast parts. Both bikes are great, problem is when you have a Harley, you have to ride with a bunch of real dummies.

Not all Harley riders are fat, ignorant and Bad-Ass wannabe's. Some are great people. But the overall flavor is pretty far down the food chain.

If you can get past the leather chaps, face bandanas, flying monkey funny helmets, fake 1%-er patches, skulls-everywhere and all of that, you can find a pretty decent touring bike. Then round up a group of friends that like big road trips and you might have a good time...

'84 FLH bagger, '96 softtail springer, 71 sportster, '05 Busa....every dog gets there day! love em all:poke:

I had a Heritage Classic and the Busa... both fun, both worth the ride... had to sell the HD (Room for bikes and $$)

I like em both the same amount for their intended purposes... I was beginning to dislike a good number of the HD riders (posers are abundant) They blow 30G's on a bike and it gets 300 miles a year going bar to bar...

Back