HD owners

I'm getting a Street Glide. It's not that I'm trying to slow down or anything, it's that I've owned 3-4Busa's in the last 5 yrs and just want a change. Still like the Busa, I'm just ready for something different and I've always liked the Street Glide. Plus all I seem to ride with is HD guys and I want to find out what the HD thing is all about.

So as it sits I'm doing the unthinkable and selling my turbo Busa so I can buy my friends fully done up cobalt blue SG. The plan is to get the glide and then after a little while start pieceing together another Gen1. So I'm not going anywhere. Hell, maybe I'll stuff a Busa in the HD if I get bored.. :laugh:

$16k - maybe $15,500 - will get you my 'Glide delivered. I'm just sayin'... :whistle:

That's a nice Harley Chris :thumbsup: I tried to just stand my Dad's Street Glide up and I can't :laugh: Pretty sure that means I shouldn't try operating one...

No need to hate on 'em. My Dad loves his; so what if it costs $ and it costs more to add accessories. He doesn't have a house payment or car payments, he enjoys his ride. That shouldn't bother anyone...

I have ridden the Polaris, as a matter of fact that is the bike that broke my Ex-Fiance's foot. So she would never ride it again or even get near again. So another waste of money.

And yes the Goldwing is a nice bike and I would ride it, But price it out and for $1000 more give me an Union built American bike.

Curious, how does a bike break someones foot? Or why would the Polaris/Victory be any more likely to do so than a Harley?

Just asking, because based on overall looks and what I've read about performance I'd choose a Victory over most Harleys any day.

Curious, how does a bike break someones foot? Or why would the Polaris/Victory be any more likely to do so than a Harley?

Just asking, because based on overall looks and what I've read about performance I'd choose a Victory over most Harleys any day.

She got her foot caught up in the saddlebags and fell of the bike trying to get off.

OH and before you say it, She has been riding Harley's for 20 years and never got hurt.
My point was not that the bike was dangerous for a passenger, but the fact that she would never go near it again so it would just sit there and take up space which = a waste of money for NO return.
This is all about money VS return. Not which bike is faster or which bike has more this or which one has more that. It is all Money VS Return and everyones return is different.
So you Like the Victory, Someone else Loves V-Strom and thinks that has more Return for the money.

You know what I like Golden retrievers and think they are the best dog there is.

I hope this makes sense to you

GOLDEN RETRIEVERS!!!! taste like chicken

oh and slick HD bro, i dig the color and someday will have one of my own again. :)

That SG is the #1 choice for many. It's really sweet w/ stereo, air-ride, hard bags etc. I was going used when I got my Custom and the SG's were out of my range at the time. There are some decent deals now, they premiered in 2006. You will miss the Busa though. But like you said, you can always build another. And you probably will. Good luck!

GOLDEN RETRIEVERS!!!! taste like chicken

oh and slick HD bro, i dig the color and someday will have one of my own again. :)

Now you are taking my point about the dog in another direction. I was talking about a pet.
Now if you are talking food then I prefer:rulez:

That SG is the #1 choice for many.

Less chrome, more streamlined appearance, more appropriate options based on what people were doing with their electraglides for years. In '08 it got Brembo brakes, better suspension, and a few other nicities.

For '09 the new frame kicks ASS! My brother's '09 spanks my '08 in the twisties, and with me riding it, my '08 does pretty freaking well.

Less chrome, more streamlined appearance, more appropriate options based on what people were doing with their electraglides for years. In '08 it got Brembo brakes, better suspension, and a few other nicities.

For '09 the new frame kicks ASS! My brother's '09 spanks my '08 in the twisties, and with me riding it, my '08 does pretty freaking well.

I agree 100% with you on this. Seems everyone including me would strip their Classics down to what the Street Glide is. Considering my is a 1992 and has been stripped since 2000, Harley did good with this bike.

It has two wheels. If you like bikes you will find something about it that you'll like. Hell, I'd like to get a V-Rod. I love that bike almost as much as the Busa.

As far as what any other person thinks about the HD's compared to any other bike, fortunately doesn't make a difference to me.. I took my hard earned $$ and spent it on what ***** I ***** liked and wanted, not what any other single person on this board or in this world likes, or thinks is a better deal, or faster, blah,blah,blah... If you don't like it, so freaking what, it's not yours, get over it... If you want to bash it with your unsolicited opinions, you have the freedom to do that, just start an HD bashing thread, and leave this one alone, it is about pics from board members with HD SG's for another member looking to buy one... :welcome::rulez:

funny thing about bashing harleys....

No one really bashed harleys in this thread.. yet people are waving torches acting like they are under attack or expecting to be....:rofl:

Carry on...

My 07 ! :thumbsup:

000_0053.jpg

000_0052.jpg

000_0054.jpg

000_0057.jpg

BHG, I am definately digging the white, looks better than the other colors I have seen on them...including around town! Super clean! :thumbsup:

Love the SG!!! I've often lusted after a Road King...same bike? Idunno...
But, please somebody 'splain to me: what's the difference between a SG and a Road King?
I admit I haven't studied HDs much, but it is VERY hard for me to distinguish their seemingly endless variety of models, when basically, the only discernable difference in many is the fairing and/or luggage. I admit I'm dumb.

CW

Back