How many of you Own a Harley and a Busa?

I’ve got my Busa 02 LTD, a 2007 Street Glide, and my custom 81 Shovelhead. I love em all. But, they’re all 3 completely different machines. The Busa is the most refined street bike I’ve ever owned or ridden and I say that after owning an 89 GL1500 Goldwing for more than a decade. The wing was a wonderful bike and great for long tours but it was a heavy beast, and believe me it never felt light on its feet – even at speed. Very roadworthy but not nimble. The Busa is very nimble especially for a bike of its size and weight, it just handles itself so well. The Harleys on the other hand are two very different machines, the Street Glide is the more civilized of the two and is my machine of choice for longer rides or commutes, matter of fact I’m taking it to Alaska next year from DC. The Shovelhead is my custom and is great fun for short rides or cruising but quickly loses its entertainment value as the miles wear on – vibration you know, it’s a shaker… So, I say if you can swing one of each so much the better, they’re both great bikes so why not share the love?
-Jim

Good thread. I have been round & round on this lately to the point where I actually went and got approved for an 09 Street Glide. But the common sense in me said to wait a few months and let a few people trade them in and pick up one slightly used.

I bought my busa used and it has been great to me. At one point, I thought about selling the busa and getting the SG, but me and my busa have been through to much so eventually I will just have two bikes. I almost thought that would make me seem greedy, but I see there is nothing wrong with having multiple bikes.

I went and test rode the 09 Street Glide and I must say that it is a bad motha...... It is night & day from the busa, but still nice nonetheless.

I have a 08 Busa and a 04 Softtail Duece. Like them both for different reasons/purposes.

bike.jpg

now for the "hook" how many ride the HD without their lids? (guilty of this a number of times myself when just putt putting around a bit.. never wore my leathers...

I am about to buy my buddy's 2000 Hayabusa (21K miles) to replace my 1982 Honda CB-900F. I also have a 2003 HD Road King (45K miles) which has been a good bike. But I'm keeping it to ride Mama around. The Buse is for me to play with. In addition, I'm also getting the 85 Goldwing that I sold to him back as well, so my 120 mile a day commute will be on that. Previous bikes include: BSA singles, twins, triples, Triumph twins, triples, Yamaha 650 twins, Hondas from 55cc through 6 cylinder Gold Wings. Roadraced at Willow Springs, Ca with BSA Triples and Honda DOHC CB-750F´s.

900F2 Black Red.jpg

Harley.jpg

I have my 07 Busa & I owned a 2007 Street Glide . The Busa is sweet to go out & play with but it doesn't compare to the overall touring capabilities of my old Street Glide. :thumbsup:

000_0052.jpg

100_0243.jpg

Had a '04 Roadstar Warrior before my Busa, would never give up the Busa but have thought once car is paid off going to pick up a HD Streetglide. Do miss the cruiser sometimes but then just borrow my old Warrior off my best friend who bought it from me.

I currently own a '02 Busa and a '04 Nomad. I bought the Nomad new and could have bought anything I wanted. I chose the Nomad due to the Vulcan's reputation and history. I am thinking about selling/trading the Nomad for a HD but can't seem to accept the air cooled concept. I owned Harleys years ago and remember the hot days riding when the bike was loaded.

Anyways, I love having two different types of bikes and I ride my stuff. Been all around the SE with the Nomad and love the comfort and all day riding. I say determine what type of riding you want to do and go for it! You will not be sorry!

now for the "hook" how many ride the HD without their lids? (guilty of this a number of times myself when just putt putting around a bit.. never wore my leathers...

you know I don't go without a lid........full face or 3/4 only, no half shells.

Last edited:
i have 2 Hayabusa and 2 Harley , 05 and 06 Busa , 03 Fatboy Ann. Ed. and 05 Heritage Softail Classic , i'm happy with the HDs , sometimes i want to ride them especially the fatboy :)

Always have a helmet (1/2 Helmet on Harley, full face on Busa), but frequently ride Harley with less gear on than Busa.

Started on an 82 Iron Head XLH, had an 82 Shovelhead FXRS and finally a 93 FXLR. All taken down to the frame and built up from there. It's a PITA having the "can't leave it stock addiction."

Own 2 Harleys and an 03 Busa. All are different animals with different purpose. I like em all and the folks that ride em all!!:thumbsup:

06 Heritage Classic and two Busa's.. 00/08

Love em all and all for different reasons...

Back