Hayabusa stablemate- opinions on the TL1000R

Hey R6 is a great bike.. he said he wanted a track bike.. and if you want a track bike you want something you can find parts easy and cheap.. and is not heavy.. you want a V twin buy a Harley.. they are useless..

Hey R6 is a great bike.. he said he wanted a track bike.. and if you want a track bike you want something you can find parts easy and cheap.. and is not heavy.. you want a V twin buy a Harley.. they are useless..

That was the single most clueless post I've ever seen you post on the org.. :banghead:

You have a point. V-Twins are useless, that's why Ducati and Aprilia have such a horrible racing history..

No worries, I still love ya.. :laugh:

Sorry I dont see why they cost that much.. Hayabusa is faster than Ducati. There clutch sounds like a bunch of marbles. I wont want to pull into a gas station and ppl ask me whats wrong with my bike. there valves are awesome Ill give them that.. im not a fan of V twins.. and bots your thinking of selling your Busa for a Kawi.. so we know where ur head is :moon: :rofl:

There are these things in life called corners.. Corner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rofl::rofl: I know a guy who would race his 600 Honda and smoke the 1,000's on the track.. If he would still race I would put $ on him beating them V twins.. and corning comes down to the Rider not the bike.. I know a lot if you can out lean me with Busa's.. and Do i have to say Rossi ? couldnt win with your V twin but when on Yami he killed everyone.. just sayin.. :whistle:

:rofl::rofl: Just saying they Suck thats all.. your defending them on the other post too.. problem is that most of the time you burn off the middle of a tire way before you burn off the edge's.. ya you can beat me in the twisty's but once we hit a straight.. you better keep your panties on cuz im gonna fly by you like a bat outta hell.. :whistle:

I have owned two TLR1000's over the years and they are great bikes. The V twin sound and character of the bike are the major draws. Keep in mind they are an older bike not the latest technology wise. You can buy a faster bike sure (any modern 600 for instance) but the draw wont compare, I have a busa now like most on this site. The sound (you will love it) of the TL and character beats the Busa most of the te ime.

I had one and loved it, the desing/aerodynamic of that bike at high speed was perfect (did not have the chance to try the busa yet). When the stream of air is pushing on your back and makes you part with the bike it is a good feeling. Clutch started to slip a little at high revs, changed the springs for busa springs, problem solved. 600 good for the track, TLR good everywhere.

One step closer- may have found one. Gonna go check it out tomorrow. It's a 99 with 20k miles. Hoping we can make a deal.

Any regulater/rectifier issues with the old SRAD or TLR's? Thought that was pretty isolated with the early FI GSXR's.

He cancelled on me for Sunday. Now I'm shooting for this coming weekend. We've had some weather over the last couple days, so gonna try again Saturday. It's a couple hours away, but cash in hand if its the right bike. I'll keep you guys posted.

He sold it after he said he would hold it, what a ****. Friday advice-If someone has something for sale you want to buy, do it as soon as possible or it will be gone.

Back to square one...

I had a 99 and loved it. Only downside for me was the heat from the rear cylinder hard boiling my eggs when stopped, otherwise, I'd have another in a second.

Decent handling, great power and awesome sound! Mine wore Jardine slip-ons and really barked. Plus, the TL-R is just awesome to look at. Hmm, I think I'll start shopping too! :laugh:

4849510496_9c7bff7916_b.jpg

It was your Birth control.
You sold it and had a kid.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back