Busa and the TL1000R

Wow, i'm think i'm leaning toward the Busa (and i've never ridden one yet). I do love that twin rumble, but if the Busa actually does what you've been saying, i can deal with the I4 purr. Then it's pretty much no comparison. I'm looking for something with a bunch of torque, bunch of power, comfortable on long rides both single and two up. I woulda stuck with the Tiller if it wern't for that comfortable on long rides part two up part. So how is the Busa two up?

So how is the Busa two up?
It's one of the better two-up rides out there. Especially in the sportbike realm. The rear doesn't tilt up pushing the passenger into the driver. The seat is comfy, but if you plan on doing many long 2-up rides, go after-market. Plus that grab rail actually inspires confidence in your passenger for some reason.

Well said Busarider54. Although for me the TL is a comfortable bike. But if riding 2up is a issue, then the TL definitely is not the one. Again, I am very happy with the busa. The v-twin rumble can not be described. It draws attention and there are not many around. Novices don't know what it is. I will miss it. I have it up for sale. I am constantly debating about keeping it and making it a track bike. With the busa, you can't go wrong. It has much more aftermarket support.

I do love that twin rumble, but if the Busa actually does what you've been saying, i can deal with the I4 purr.   Then it's pretty much no comparison.  
Ok bro, if you want to compare sound, I took a video last weekend that might interest you.

It was filmed from the side of the road on a slow left hander.
I led, then the TL, then a little VFR400. Its pretty cool comparing the sounds of the 3 bikes.
I have dual HMF high mounts, the TL has dual Leo Vincis, and the VFR has some dual exhaust too. (dont remember the name) so they all rumble really well. You can hear my exhaust over the TL pretty well over the entire clip except for right when the TL passes the camera. Trust me, the busa does not purr like most I4s.

let me know if your interested cuz I am on a 56k and this thing is almost 5 megs.

-Bill

If anyone else wants it, shoot me an email and I will get it out to you also.

Besides, how can a tiller compete with looks like this?

(yes I am are biased)

I don't know, I would say this is'nt too shabby either.

I had this before I got the Busa. The power can't compare, comming from the TL, (bout 130HP with mods) the first couple of rides on the Busa I literally said out loud in my helmet "holy ####!!" The TL is a super cool bike. You hardly ever see them and I usually got the most attention when I went riding with a pack due to the awsome V Twin sound, people don't expect it comming from a bike that looks like that. I have to say I feel much safer on the Busa, even in the turns. It really dos'nt handle as bad as people think if you are an experienced rider. I would say if you like to stand out in the crowd the TL is a good choice. If you are looking for staight up power, with a comfortable side to it(which I was) the Busa would be the way to go.

DSC00009.JPG

Wow, i'm think i'm leaning toward the Busa (and i've never ridden one yet).  I do love that twin rumble, but if the Busa actually does what you've been saying, i can deal with the I4 purr.   Then it's pretty much no comparison.  I'm looking for something with a bunch of torque, bunch of power, comfortable on long rides both single and two up.  I woulda stuck with the Tiller if it wern't for that comfortable on long rides part two up part.  So how is the Busa two up?
Get the busa and put some nice pipes on it. I have Muzzy's and my girlfriend can tell when I'm several blocks away from her place. It's not a rumble like my last TWIN, but, it's got a very nice roar with after market pipes. Stock pipes leave a lot to be desired in terms of sound. With an add on seat like the Corbin w/ backrest, the busa does 2 up riding better than virtually any other sportbike. It's wider, lays slightly lower in the rear, and is smooth as heck. One of the main reasons I got the busa was I wanted a sport bike but also wanted a good 2 up bike. There are a good number of storage options for the busa as well. To me, the busa does so many things so well it's a sure bet.

Like has been said.....it all depends what you really want in a bike. Honestly, I think what most all bike riders in general like is that "HOLY S**T!!!!" feeling when they get on something that is truly, ridiculously, almost senselessly fast
wow.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
I think thats prolly what you would gravitate to yourself if you rode a Busa. If you want the sound and feel of a twin go for it....but the Busa has just as much or more torque and prolly half again as much power. So make a decision you won't regret the first time you take a Busa for a spin...or watch someone leave you on it
wink.gif
just my .02 worth

This is my tl1000r I guess my vote wont be what you want to hear,but get what you want.They both are great bikes.each one has something to offer.
MYTLGREATPIC.jpg

This is my tl1000r I guess my vote wont be what you want to hear,but get what you want.They both are great bikes.each one has something to offer.
MYTLGREATPIC.jpg
Dayum thats sweet!!!
drooling3.gif
The only other new Suzuki I considered getting (except for an 04 750...MAN that felt nice to sit on) was a TLR...I've liked them since the day they came out....very good looking bike. I just knew deep down that I'd love it till I twisted the throttle...then I'd want a Busa. I'll admit it...I was looking for truckloads of power.....and comfort for two, in that order. But man would a TLR make a great second bike
tounge.gif
Things that make you go hmmmmm?.....lol

Back