A craigslist bet?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So, I'm thinking of making a bet with this guy...

If his TLR will beat my 'Busa through the first two to three gears, I'll buy it from him for full asking price.

If my 'Busa beats his TLR I get the Tiller for free..

Sounds fair, right? Otherwise its false advertising, right? ???

:laugh:

2002 Suzuki TL1000R V-Twin Super Bike

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to add that Tiller to my stable, but come on..

I've owned one, and it ain't beatin' the busa in first, second, or third.. :poke:

Yeah, they're nice bikes, but the seller... Fuhgeddaboudit!

Definitely offer the race. I want to know what he has to say.

Man I wish he were closer to me, I would make an offer on his bike.

It sounds to me like he has never ridden a Hayabusa or pulled up next to one :laugh:

The man is correct and you all are wrong he is referring to the hyabusa not the Hayabusa

Double check what he wrote..

We all know what our beloved Hayabusa looks like, but you haven't taken a good look at the similarly named Hyabusa...:poke:

moped.jpeg

:whistle:

All kidding aside that is a sweet ride:thumbsup:

moped.jpeg

Either he knows or thinks you cant ride for chit, or he has hidden nitrous on his bike.
Back in the day I had a GSXR 750 full OEM body on with a 1127 GSXR motor in it, Back then the only difference was the 1100 motor had a few more fins on the head other then that you couldnt see. Won many bets. 750's back then ran 7.20's@ 102 in the 1/8 and my 750 sleeper ran 6.10's@ 114

Either he knows or thinks you cant ride for chit, or he has hidden nitrous on his bike.
Back in the day I had a GSXR 750 full OEM body on with a 1127 GSXR motor in it, Back then the only difference was the 1100 motor had a few more fins on the head other then that you couldnt see. Won many bets. 750's back then ran 7.20's@ 102 in the 1/8 and my 750 sleeper ran 6.10's@ 114

It's not called a "sleeper" , rather a "ringer" :whistle:

It's not called a "sleeper" , rather a "ringer" :whistle:

I dont know about ringer but I hurt a lot of Kaw a sucky zx10's owners feelings. Its like the Chevy Ford and Mopar gearheads, We will always know that Suzuki makes the best and fastest motorcycle,,,,, Chanting "We are the Champions":thumbsup:

Yea he has clearly been smoking somethin. I have that exact bike in my garage right now. They are fast but it is more of a collectible now more than anything.

By the way, they changed the paint scheme every year on those and mine is an 01 and has the same plastics. So either that bike is actually an 01 or the plastics have been replaced.

Yea he has clearly been smoking somethin. I have that exact bike in my garage right now. They are fast but it is more of a collectible now more than anything.

By the way, they changed the paint scheme every year on those and mine is an 01 and has the same plastics. So either that bike is actually an 01 or the plastics have been replaced.

I thought something looked weird in the battery door area. Like its missing part of the sticker.. Could be just me.. I miss my tiller..
I used to LOVE seeing the expressions on fellow riders faces when they saw the header glow. I swear you could darn near see through that pipe it got so hot when you'd ride it around town.. I got rid of it when it started leaking oil out of the clutch rod gasket. Too quirky of a bike. Really was the first and only Suzuki I've ever owned that didn't like to be beaten. Most of them take it and don't care. Not true for that TLR... :banghead:

Back