Ebay Body Work Opinions Needed

oklazukguy

Registered
My bike has rash from the previous owner laying it down. I had originally planned to custom paint it, but lately thought I might just like to buy the one right fairing, with the stock paint and stickers, and replace it. Then it would look brand new. But the stock fairings I found on Ebay with the factory Red/black color scheme for the 2005 is over 400 bucks. I found these complete body kits with custom paint, minus the tank, for 399. I wanted to get everyones opinion on them.
eBay Motors: SUZUKI 1300 GSX-R1300 GSX-R GSXR1300 Hayabusa Fairing (item 270313720498 end time Dec-17-08 20:25:00 PST)
I wouldnt mind buying this set, painting my tank to match, and then taking my plastics and fixing them. Then doing a sick custom paint job on my original plastics so I have an extra set ready to go. Thanks in advance for the advice.:thumbsup:

$225 for shipping from Hong Kong???

388 + 225 = $613. Still not too bad....but may not be oem quality fairings.

Im glad u said this. Mine was done the same thing. I looked at these, but a buddy wanted to do a wrap. The wrap turned out just ok. The thing about a wrap is its hrd to line up things, so its not perfect. I dont wanna hurt his feelings but im about to either buy 1 of these ^^^ are rip the wrap off and have them painted. O and for all that want me to post pics of it, not happening.

they look good but i would be concerned about the quality. I guess if you ordered them and did not like them you should be able 2 sell them for the same price as you paid, on ebay. Did it come with a gas tank? the quaility and look of the fairing from suzuki would be great. Also I really like your black and red so I would try 2 keep that but thats just me.\

good luck

I've seen a set first hand...granted not on a Busa but regardless...paint quality wasn't the worst but the fitment leaves a lil to be desired...if you decide to take the plunge I wouldn't set the bar very high....expect the worst and hope for the best...good luck either way and let us see your results

I went shopping for plastics also I would not buy the non OEM plastics unless some else already had an they fit right sometimes those after market plastics are pure **** to say the least. If your problem is just one cowling you find an undamaged used one being parted out or it's possible to paint yours an just buy the decals over.

I've seen fleaBay kits like these. Basically, they're not OEM abs bodywork, but fiberglass versions of the same bodywork (that's why they're only $400, or something like that). If the paint is pretty close to your original, and the fit is decent, I'd go with it. But since you wanna do some custom work, that's ideal.

Also, fiberglass is WAYYYY easier and cheaper to fix than plastic. Keep the fiberglass resin/chopped strand fiberglass matte or fiberglass woven cloth on standby, plenty of sandpaper (80 grit, 100, 240, 300, 400, 600, 1000, 1500, 2000), bondo spot putty, air compressor, hvlp paint gun, high build primer/paint/reducer/hardener/clearcoat, and a little time to fix any repairs. You'll save tons on replacement bodywork, customize your own ride, and learn a thing or two about working with fiberglass and painting.

Last edited:
I would just replace the original. The non OEM plastics and the fiberglass plastics.....well I will just say I have never had good luck with them. Personally I do not hink it is worth the headache. If it came with a tank for the same price maybee, other than that I would pass. If it is just a little rash on your current then strip your bike down and contact revolution on the board and just get your custom done during these winter months. Whatever you do good luck. :beerchug:

Back