Hayabusa revival project

I agree it looks like a fuel problem dirty injectors. dirty air filter. do a compression test that will give you an indication on the motor condition

Update on this, I got the bike running great for a couple 100 miles. Now it will idle, and it will accelerate if I give it a very small amount of throttle, but if I give it any more than a quarter throttle it cuts out and bogs down. Does anyone know where to start? I did the fuel filter mod, so I thought maybe the new inline filter had maybe clogged so I changed that out, but no luck.

Ok, I recoated the tank with por-15 and changed the fuel pump pre-screen. Engine problem is solved. It runs great. I'm still having a problem with the rear brake sticking. I have flushed the fluid and rebuilt the caliper. I'm going to try rebuilding the master cylinder. Its so bad the rear wheel locks after riding about a mile. I have to bleed the rear brake to get it rolling again, so I know the caliper isn't seized up. Also just to add to the problems of an old bike, on my test drive yesterday, the left radiator hose split and dumped all my coolant. So I'll be replacing all the radiator hoses as well.

Back