Hayabusa revival project

The results of something like that would likely be the same across all cylinders. I’m not the best in diagnosing especially from pics but this could also be a fueling problem, more so in one or more cylinders than others indicating dirty or clogged injectors as a result of a clogged and dirty fuel pump.
Plugs would be fouled like that if the bike was started and idled for a while. Change them out and see how it runs- I'll bet it will be OK..

Thanks for the replies guys, I changed out the plugs. The new battery and fuel pump arrive in a couple days. Hopefully I'll get it started up without to many issues.

Whats everyone's favorite products for cleaning rust out of a tank and coating it?

Evaporust to clean it.
You won't need a coating after using this stuff.
It's biodegradeable and supposedly won't harm your skin or lungs.
I've used it on alot of things including a badly rusted gas tank.
Almost fill the tank with Evaporust(enough to give it room to slosh around some), shake it for a minute or so and let it sit overnight.
Shake and turn the tank over(so all of the inside gets time to soak) and let it sit overnight again.
Evaporust is reusable multiple times, but after so much rust gets into it, it's best to dump it(used oil container)and refill with new.
Depending on how bad the rust is will determine how long it takes to remove it all, and if you have to use more.
But Evaporust works amazing, just give it a little time, and the inside of your tank will look new again, as if the rust was never there.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=372495157382

Evaporust to clean it.
You won't need a coating after using this stuff.
It's biodegradeable and supposedly won't harm your skin or lungs.
I've used it on alot of things including a badly rusted gas tank.
Almost fill the tank with Evaporust(enough to give it room to slosh around some), shake it for a minute or so and let it sit overnight.
Shake and turn the tank over(so all of the inside gets time to soak) and let it sit overnight again.
Evaporust is reusable multiple times, but after so much rust gets into it, it's best to dump it(used oil container)and refill with new.
Depending on how bad the rust is will determine how long it takes to remove it all, and if you have to use more.
But Evaporust works amazing, just give it a little time, and the inside of your tank will look new again, as if the rust was never there.

Is "flash rust" not a problem when using Evaporust?

No, it'll stay clean for a while, just from what's left on the surface, and keeping the gas cap closed.
But, if you're not going to put the tank on the bike and fill it/run it after, then just fill the cleaned empty tank back up with Evaporust and let it sit until you're ready.

No, it'll stay clean for a while, just from what's left on the surface, and keeping the gas cap closed.
But, if you're not going to put the tank on the bike and fill it/run it after, then just fill the cleaned empty tank back up with Evaporust and let it sit until you're ready.

And after it’s up and running, keep it parked with a full fuel tank.

Got it running! Its runs good. It started right up after I changed the plugs, new battery, new(used) fuel pump, and cleaned the injectors. Previous owner must have put a different rear sprocket on it, the speedo is way off, or at least it seems like it. I'll have to check with the GPS on my phone once I get a mount. I also flushed the coolant and started bleeding the brakes.

Back