Hayabusa picture game

Well we had the storm come in to town ,no damage at all.
going with my neighbor to pick up a XJ-1100 this morning .
I will take some pics if I remember . I’m sure today lots of boats
will be along the shore line or in there slips.
Good luck to all.

Does this qualify?

84CB95C5-EF68-47DF-8C24-3585B79D939C.jpeg

I hope to jump back in the game soon, currently my bike is in pieces again. My back tire likes to leak air randomly so I started painting more chrome/silver parts black while I wait for the new rim to come in.

Lol, I'm STILL taking my Concours apart.
Not hard, but alot of pieces and not alot of room to work...or worst of all, time to work on it.
Fortunately I have all my parts already.

I hope to jump back in the game soon, currently my bike is in pieces again. My back tire likes to leak air randomly so I started painting more chrome/silver parts black while I wait for the new rim to come in.

Always something, but the black will look much better.

Always something, but the black will look much better.
I was hoping to just leave it in one piece until it gets too cold to ride, but with the leaky tire it's hard to take it more than a few miles with confidence. Once that back end starts walking back and forth while leaned over it feels pretty sketchy!

I was hoping to just leave it in one piece until it gets too cold to ride, but with the leaky tire it's hard to take it more than a few miles with confidence. Once that back end starts walking back and forth while leaned over it feels pretty sketchy!

I was going to do the same, but have what is apparently a common Concours problem, a leaking o-ring somewhere on the head or valve cover.
Mine doesn't drip, but there's a dirt and oil mess on the front and sides of the block and cases.
Since I'm doing a full exhaust and coolant flush, that should give me more room to work.
It's been very hot and humid here anyway, too much for enjoyable riding.
I got the ecu flashed with an air/fuel tune for the exhaust too, and the stock header has cats, and the muffler is pretty restrictive, so I ended up being better off doing it all now.
I'm debating on a valve check, injector cleaning and throttle body sync.
But I don't know if I want to do that now, or wait for colder weather, but I ride year round anyway.

I was going to do the same, but have what is apparently a common Concours problem, a leaking o-ring somewhere on the head or valve cover.
Mine doesn't drip, but there's a dirt and oil mess on the front and sides of the block and cases.
Since I'm doing a full exhaust and coolant flush, that should give me more room to work.
It's been very hot and humid here anyway, too much for enjoyable riding.
I got the ecu flashed with an air/fuel tune for the exhaust too, and the stock header has cats, and the muffler is pretty restrictive, so I ended up being better off doing it all now.
I'm debating on a valve check, injector cleaning and throttle body sync.
But I don't know if I want to do that now, or wait for colder weather, but I ride year round anyway.
We both know you will thank yourself later if you just knock it out while it's apart. Or you can be like me and put it all back together, then decide tomorrow you want to tear it back down, lol.

Yeah, I have a box of 7.48mm diameter shims, I'll have to check and see if they are the correct diameter for it.
Which it may not need any shims...and Kawasakis are the only engines that I've been able to swap shims on a couple valves and be good too, lol, we'll see.
Once I get the radiator and header off, that may or may not give me more room to work.
I'm replacing sparkplugs, so they'll be out.
Hard part is that the frame covers above the valve cover, but that also means no frame beside the head(removeable braces), so if the cams need to come out(if any shims are out of spec), then the sides are wide open.
Pros and cons.
Fairings weren't hard to get off, just took a while, but it's my first time working on a Concours, I'm going slow as I figure out how it's put together(I have a paper service manual too for torque specs)
The injectors are likely fine, based on how well it runs, but I need to see if I can order a set of o-rings for them before I remove any of them.
I'll decide as I get deeper into it.
I just need more time with it.
I hope to pull the radiator and header tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Back