Hayabusa Luggage?

super.gif

(FadeTwoBlack @ Mar. 12 2007,10:48) No matter how large the tank or tail bags get on the Busa, they are never going to be big enough for that "whole office" order.
I'll fill his office order, both offices on either side of it and a midget to run the drinks in
ices_rofl.gif

E52 and 2 41's

Bags_Small.JPG

Now thats what I'm talkin about, soooo anyone want to move to oregon and deliver drinks for our company
firedevil.gif
I think we may need some experienced riders
super.gif

(DeRos @ Mar. 13 2007,11:47) Now thats what I'm talkin about, soooo anyone want to move to oregon and deliver drinks for our company  
firedevil.gif
 I think we may need some experienced riders  
super.gif
I am in! Where at in Oregon?
beerchug.gif

(lambretta man @ Mar. 16 2007,17:36) Here is my bike outfitted with Corbin Beetle bags and a Corbin Smuggler's Trunk....
Now that is just cool- luggage, and still looks like a Busa!
super.gif

But mucho dinero...
crazy.gif

(mountainmotor @ Mar. 13 2007,07:50) I use the Ventura system instead of soft bags . If I go anywhere i go two up is why and i need the room for the pillions legs to get to the pegs . I gotta say they are great people to deal with .

They have a new 54 liter bag and solo riders can zip two together . Whooaa could carry many lbs of stuff . Add some softbags and you could really load her down

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english...._id=887
S091B(06)-2.jpg
Now that is the best setup I've seen for soft luggage- already in the turbulence air pocket and not like two parachutes hanging off the sides! Haven't ever ridden with bags, but I'll bet the bike feels five feet wide with saddlebags.

I have ridden with those Beetle Bags for over a year now. I don't even know they are there. I think about them a lot when I split traffic though! I have prepared for impact via sideswipe many times only to be surprised no contact was made.
The Corbin luggage is tested at high speed before production. I have noticed no negative effects at high speed - 150+
My wife and I ususally cruise this thing at a nice steady 85 on the freeway.
Here is a list of my mods:
Power Commander
Yosh slip ons
Gen Mar 1 3/4" bar risers
Galfer steel lines
Corbin seats (ride in fitted)
Corbin luggage
Metzler Roadtec tires
Throttlemeister coming soon

I leave the Corbin luggage on all the time. Just my preference but I prefer to use/looke at my Busa as a sport-tourer. I commute daily to work on it. My wife and I take long road trips on it.

(lambretta man @ Mar. 16 2007,15:36) Here is my bike outfitted with Corbin Beetle bags and a Corbin Smuggler's Trunk....
NOW THAT'S A SWEET SETUP !!!! That would look good with my Bagster tank protector, and clip-on bag !!!! Definitely !!!!.....
super.gif

Cortech tri bag system with tail and saddle bags . i take everything encluding the kitchen sink/..

I like the Corbin look, but they don't hold a laptop or helmet, don't allow you to use helmet hook under seat and are just TOOO Expensive. I am planning on going with a Givi.

plus I can call my bike the Hawt Rod since the name of our biz is Hawt Coffee[/Quote]

LOVE IT! I say do what you like, and if riding is your passion it could make the tough times of your job a little more tolerable.

However, I do recommend what the others said. Keep an eye on your image and make sure you are talking to your customers. Lack of money is the first business killer. Not communicating with your customers and assuming anything can be an expensive mistake...at which point you end up reverting right back to #1.

Some other business related points to note. Business insurance, especually if you do hire bikes, will be different so make sure you are aware and clear on the liabilities, and insurances.

And later on, if it works, you could deduct the cost of your 200hp coffee maker by considering a custom paint job, or additional improvements. You would have to choose carefully, but it could easily and reasonably make your Boosey payments deductable. And you are probably aware already, but the fuel is deductable as soon as you use it. In fact your mileage points do no discern the type of vehicle you use. So make sure you have a log for your miles, date, time, and purpose of trip. I think tax is up to something nuts like .45 cents a mile. So basically every 20 miles is a tank and everything above is business gravy...

Good luck! Shop pics would make me happy, as a person who wants to start a business I get excited in development and creation projects.

Back