Beetle Bag w/ Passenger

MeltDownZ

Registered
I'm looking at the Beetle bags because I need some small locking storage. I ride with a passenger quite a bit for 1-2 hour rides. From the pics, it seems that the passenger could only get their heel on the rear peg because there's not much space between the peg and bag. Looks real uncomfortable for the passengers legs. Can anyone with first-hand experience with these bags and a passenger speak to this?

Thanks!

I think I answered this in an e-mail, but I have ridden with a passenger and my Beetle Bags. They work great. We took a weekend trip that consisted of at least 5 hours each way and she didn't have any problems. I also used the Corbin with the backrest and she was soooo comfortable that the next next thing I knew, her helmet hit the back of mine pretty damn hard. she actually had fallen asleep. It was funny but scary.

So you should be all good with the Beetle Bags.....Only 2 problems.

1. Size
2. Cost

We took a weekend trip that consisted of at least 5 hours each way and she didn't have any problems. I also used the Corbin with the backrest and she was soooo comfortable that the next next thing I knew, her helmet hit the back of mine pretty damn hard. she actually had fallen asleep.
When you say SHE, do you really mean HE???

j/k you have to be a "Little Nicky" fan to understand that one!!

I'm looking at the Beetle bags because I need some small locking storage.  I ride with a passenger quite a bit for 1-2 hour rides.  From the pics, it seems that the passenger could only get their heel on the rear peg because there's not much space between the peg and bag.  Looks real uncomfortable for the passengers legs.  Can anyone with first-hand experience with these bags and a passenger speak to this?

Thanks!
as far as i understand, the corbin beetle bags doesn't come with locks. for that price tag, you figure they throw some locks on it.

I'm looking at the Beetle bags because I need some small locking storage.  I ride with a passenger quite a bit for 1-2 hour rides.  From the pics, it seems that the passenger could only get their heel on the rear peg because there's not much space between the peg and bag.  Looks real uncomfortable for the passengers legs.  Can anyone with first-hand experience with these bags and a passenger speak to this?

Thanks!
as far as i understand, the corbin beetle bags doesn't come with locks.  for that price tag, you figure they throw some locks on it.
that would be incorrect sir. They come with locks. The locks are only going to keep the honest people honest. It wouldn't take much to get into them.

You can see the locks on the rear lids.

G

busa7.jpg

We took a weekend trip that consisted of at least 5 hours each way and she didn't have any problems. I also used the Corbin with the backrest and she was soooo comfortable that the next next thing I knew, her helmet hit the back of mine pretty damn hard. she actually had fallen asleep.

j/k  you have to be a "Little Nicky" fan to understand that one!!
Oh no.....not Thinker
rock.gif

You do know that's how rumours get started right Busabro
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086848218 -->

Thanks!
as far as i understand, the corbin beetle bags doesn't come with locks.  for that price tag, you figure they throw some locks on it.
that would be incorrect sir. They come with locks. The locks are only going to keep the honest people honest. It wouldn't take much to get into them.

You can see the locks on the rear lids.

G
oops, i understood wrong, thanks for the correction.

Oh no.....not Thinker
rock.gif

tounge.gif
Always hate'n on a pimp!

Does anyone know how hard these are to install/takeoff?
The install wasn't that hard, but be carefull if you do not have stock bike. Since I had an undertail, things didn't fit as easily. I had to cut holes in the bottom for the Beetle brackets. It isn't necessary if you have stock.

I only use the bags when I travel, so they are off the bike most of the time. The exposed brackets actually look slick after I had them chromed.

The bags go on and off with the use of a ratchet. It can be done in minutes, but they aren't really designed with this in mind.

1. hey do not have a quick release, so you unscrew 3 nuts/bag each time.

2. You fasten the bags from the inside. so what you say? Well imagine trying to take the bags off when they are filled with clothes. This also means that you sort of have to pack with the bags on the bike. It gets interesting in a hotel lot.

3. The bags have no handle, so once you take hem off, carrying them in and out is a pain.

With all that said, I still like them for overnight trips. They look great and work great.

Oh no.....not Thinker
rock.gif

tounge.gif
Always hate'n on a pimp!
You better not be serious here dude!!!!!
Tell me yer kidding!!

mine fell asleep going over the San Fran bridge in the rain at night doing 75 but it was on a full dress BMW we rented....bit too long a day for her ;-)

sweet bags... cant wait for the k8 to come out... contacted corbin, they should be out this summer. awesome but damn pricey...

with that price tag there should be no space for error, meaning your SHE/HE ridin behind ya better be as comfortable as hell!

I had em on my BlackBird years ago and loved them. Would like to get them for the Busa but now they are rather pricey, so I have not.

Back