Hayabusa Luggage?

DeRos

Registered
I've recently started a coffee shop and we're thinking about doing a delivery service for our coffee and bubble tea.

Me being a hayabusa junkie see this as the perfect opportunity to ride my baby all day doing deliveries so i want to get some bags that we can throw the drinks into.

I'm currently looking at the Tour Master saddle bags and a tail bag. Has anyone used these bags? do they fit well on the hayabusa?

I'd love to get some corbin beetle bags but just can't afford them atm until we actually start making money instead of spending it
smile.gif
besides i'd like a bag I can quickly remove and carry upto an office or wherever needed, for the larger drink orders

Just in case your wondering how we wont spill the drinks I have a neat little machine that seals lids onto any type of cups so they are water proof.

I'd also like to know if anyone else needs some bags, maybe we can arrange for a group buy?

I can't imagine how this is gonna all work out for you, but hey! its' your business....

I've had nelson rigg (sp) saddle bags that I really like. Expandable and durable. They're not squared off though so I don't know how well that would work for you. You may be better off finding some hard cases. Then again, you want something you can take on/off easily too.

Givi makes some good hard/large bags too. I have one that can swallow two helmets and more. It attaches/detaches with a key/lock. Very easy to use but not cheap and def ungly on a busa.

Ditto.

I'd suggest you invest in a delivery van with your company logo. I like the small box jobs from scion (or how ever they spell it). Done up with graphics they look pretty cool and have the added benefit of advertising your services. No matter how large the tank or tail bags get on the Busa, they are never going to be big enough for that "whole office" order.

We live in an area where drive thru coffee shops are on every single corner, the only way we figure to compete with them is to bring the drinks to people.

We have a very nice website all set up for simple ordering and a phone number for people to call. We're thinking to use my bike and a geo metro for fuel economy plus I can call my bike the Hawt Rod since the name of our biz is Hawt Coffee
smile.gif

I've checked out those tourmasters for size and with a tail bag I can lug around about 30 drinks since they are sealed up cups they stack well, but im not sure how they'll fit on the ole busa, I'll look around for those givi bags they sound promising.

If this works we intend to get a couple of those scions as well, I'm really looking for more of an excuse to ride my bike during the work day
tounge.gif

I got the Corbin Beetle bags, used to save some coin. I haven't bolted them up yet, but they are quality and from what I hear they fit very well.

And tested up to 180mph on the salt flats.
super.gif

(TurboSN95 @ Mar. 12 2007,15:41) I got the Corbin Beetle bags, used to save some coin.  I haven't bolted them up yet, but they are quality and from what I hear they fit very well.  

And tested up to 180mph on the salt flats.  
super.gif
Don't have the Corbin Beatle Bags but I shipped a set to a guy in Singapore. Checked them out before shipping. Very nice. Contoured to the shape of the Busa. A ton of room

Cortech saddlebags for mine.  Plus my new Nelson Rigg tail bag should be showing up in a day or two.  Don't know how they will look together, but that's not what's improtant.

Pics_July_Austin_003_aa.jpg

so thats what those look like on a busa, very nice! Granted they arent going to get me to 180mph but for tootlin around town they are definately a possibility

I use the Ventura system instead of soft bags . If I go anywhere i go two up is why and i need the room for the pillions legs to get to the pegs . I gotta say they are great people to deal with .

They have a new 54 liter bag and solo riders can zip two together . Whooaa could carry many lbs of stuff . Add some softbags and you could really load her down

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english...._id=887
S091B(06)-2.jpg

(mountainmotor @ Mar. 13 2007,07:50) I use the Ventura system instead of soft bags . If I go anywhere i go two up is why and i need the room for the pillions legs to get to the pegs . I gotta say they are great people to deal with .

They have a new 54 liter bag and solo riders can zip two together . Whooaa could carry many lbs of stuff . Add some softbags and you could really load her down

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english...._id=887
S091B(06)-2.jpg
Three years and never one problem! Stable at ANY speed you can handle.... And yes I zip two bags together works like a champ!

Good luck--sounds like a great idea, especially for professional offices.

One thought, though--when you visit these offices in your motorcycle gear, is it the image you want to convey? I'd think someone dressed like a barrista, bringing coffee from that xB, would look cool. Or at least recognizable.

Scion_xB.jpg

I have a cup sealer that seals a lid onto any material to keep things hot/cold and from spilling it's very cool.

Also I love the idea for the xb but until some more $$ becomes available we're going to be using personal vehicles which include a new saturn, a geo metro and my bike
smile.gif

I'm in Southern Oregon so the image of a rider wont be a problem since about 30% (probably an exageration but I wouldnt be suprised) of the population ride, also I have some nice gear, with the exception of my helmet if they dont see me pull up they wont be the wiser and if they do my Bike will have "Hawt Rod" written on it playing on the business name of "Hawt Coffee" so hopefully the image will leave more of a positive image in the minds of customers and bystanders, when I get it dressed up I'll post up some pics, Maybe I'll start another thread for ideas about decorating it
smile.gif

If i end up pulling this off and it works out well, wouldnt it be nice knowing there's a company out there stocking their fleet with Busa's
smile.gif
of course I may have to change the name of the business to "Hawt n Fast"

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back