Luggage Options for Touring

AzBusaFan

Registered
I'd be eternally grateful if you fine people would post some pics of your bikes with the luggage on. I'm interested in the aesthetic appeal of the many options, such as beetle bags, the ventura pack system, Givi's on the SW motech mount, or whatever. Thx!

Here is a pic of my LE with a Joe Rocket tank and tail bag, it may not be the best looking set up, but its works. I had no problem putting 3 days worth of clothes, and a rain gear, extra sweatshirts etc.

scan0006.jpg

Heres mine with a Teknic magnetic tank bag, which expands. Holds a ton of gear and dosn't scratch the tank. Also the Ventura rack and soft luggage. The only way to travel!! My wife and I do alot of two up touring this way.

Picture_206.jpg

geocities.com domain gone

Joe Rocket Magnetic Tank Bag. No issues with scratches so far that I can see.
Oxford Sport Tail Bag
Tourmaster Sport Saddlebags.

Seems to work pretty well for my touring so far
smile.gif
The 'busa just hit 33,333 miles when I got home today (I had to ride around to block to trip the last three
smile.gif
)

geocities.com domain gone

Carl

<!--EDIT|dm_gsxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129262128 -->

smile.gif

Damn, great looking setups guys, thanks for posting.

The Ventura rack system seems pretty popular and appears to have a ton of storage room with the tailbag. Does the rack negatively affect the bike's look when the pack is not being used?

Do the Tourmaster sport sadlebags attach in such a way that they don't flap in the breeze back there and/or wear through the paint after awhile?

Carl, you are packed to the hilt, amazing. What do you think of the Givi's? I think they look real nice. Is your tailbag a Givi also and if so, is it attached using the SW Motech mount as well? Any issues with rideability with all that stuff?

Thanks again guys!
smile.gif

Damn, great looking setups guys, thanks for posting.

The Ventura rack system seems pretty popular and appears to have a ton of storage room with the tailbag.  Does the rack negatively affect the bike's look when the pack is not being used?  

Do the Tourmaster sport sadlebags attach in such a way that they don't flap in the breeze back there and/or wear through the paint after awhile?

Carl, you are packed to the hilt, amazing.  What do you think of the Givi's?  I think they look real nice.  Is your tailbag a Givi also and if so, is it attached using the SW Motech mount as well?  Any issues with rideability with all that stuff?

Thanks again guys!
smile.gif
Yes its all Givi and that one on the back is the monster E52(it will hold 2 helmet and still have some space), the sides are the Keyless E41's and each can swallow my XL Arai.

The tankbag is a luggagelocker.

As far as the rear SwMotech Mount its great for 1 up, but with the 52 I had to make a modification to move the bag back a bit for my wifes comfort.  As far as durability the sides mounts are incredible, I've put bags with 40-45 lbs of gear in them and they are flawless.  The rear is showing some stress marks but nothing bad has happened yet and moving the bag back probably made things exceed load limits.  I'm probably going to fab somthing to handle the ridiculous loads I put on the thing.  I would say for normal use and a less obscenely large bag it would be flawless as well.

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129307947 -->

Here's some pics of the 45 liter bag and the 34 liter bag zipped together!!!
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129308029 -->

JOHNS_289.jpg

And 1 more

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129308253 -->

JOHNS_290.jpg

The saddlebags are a four point attach system. Two velcro straps that go over the seat (although I run mine under the seat) a strap to the passenger foot post and a strap to the rear signals. I have them running connected and under the rear light because I'm running under the seat instead of on top.

I didn't have a problem with the paint on my first run but on all the other tours I've put a layer of clear contact shelf paper on the paint. If it's applied correctly, you can barely see the plastic. I'm much happier with that set up.

Carl

These are the Corbins....and Iintend to add the Ventura rack system too...before my trip in the Spring.

bcbd2f5f.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys. I think I will get one of the Joe Rocket tank bags.

Great pics and comments everyone. I took a trip from Ontario down to Dallas, the to Chihuahua Mexico, down to Durango, over to Mazatlan and down to Puerto Vallarta, down to Guadalajara and made my way up to Monterrey, Laredo, Houston Dallas, the Gap and then back home... wheew!!
And I had a trailer my my Busa.
Check it out at www.thirdwheelonline.com
I loved it absolutely

This is the first strand I've seen with so much discussion of the Ventura system. I absolutely love the system...and its interchangeability, depending on what type of ride you're on. It doesn't touch paint, I don't even know it's back there, and it's good with or without a passenger.

here is the long distance...

P1000101.JPG

Back