Sport Touring Seat Bag

Big D

Registered
I've been doing some research on seat bags, but still haven't really found what I'm looking for. Essentially I'd like a roomy tail bag which doesn't fasten to the rear of the bike via bunjies/hooks (these can easily scratch the paint if you are not careful, even if you use the hooks on the busa). I managed to find some decent bags made by RKA Luggage, but these still require straps that wrap around the rear seat. I could have sworn I have seen true rear seat bags for this bike, which are basically made around the rear seat plastics (you simply pop the bag on/off the bike just like you do the rear seat). Does anyone know of any comparable alternatives for a rear seatbag? Thanks for your help. :bowdown:

D

I use the Cortech seat bag, it uses bungies to secure but it does not touch the paint. I put small strips of velcro where the straps would touch.

RIDENOW049.jpg

RIDENOW050.jpg

RIDENOW051.jpg

I use a 24" seatbag for touring but I bought extended bungee bolts so everything fits just right with no rubbing.

IMG011Small.jpg

Cycle World had a nice review of this bag from Bags-Connection.
Cycle World - Product Evaluation: Bags-Connection Rearbag
A little pricey, but nice.

Essentially I'd like a roomy tail bag which doesn't fasten to the rear of the bike via bunjies/hooks (these can easily scratch the paint if you are not careful, even if you use the hooks on the busa). .....I could have sworn I have seen true rear seat bags for this bike, which are basically made around the rear seat plastics (you simply pop the bag on/off the bike just like you do the rear seat).
You have the making of a pretty good idea there, Big D. Why don't you just buy a rear seat cheap off of ebay and figure out a way to strap whatever bag you like permanently to the seat pan?

I could have sworn I have seen true rear seat bags for this bike, which are basically made around the rear seat plastics (you simply pop the bag on/off the bike just like you do the rear seat). Does anyone know of any comparable alternatives for a rear seatbag? Thanks for your help. :bowdown:

D

I've had the Luggage Locker Tail Bag for years and love it. It wraps around the rear seat and stays put.

Elite Seat Sak

He found it!!!!

Back